Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hoping some graphical wiew and edit for shapes of Env, Lfo...
Haha, Xfer Serum I know. Best envelopes I've ever played with :)

Not to sound hysterical or anything, but this synth is incredible. The fast targeting system, the interface, the sound, it is just a remarkable thing of beauty. Thanks a million for making this - I'm coming up with patches far outside the complexity and scope I imagined Hive would have.

Shiek927 wrote:
That's not very likely to happen as it would imply too much changing of the GUI I guess.

But as they always say: "Use your ears, not your eyes". :wink:

Keyboard noodling with some new sounds I created using Hive.
No external or internal effects used. Just internal eq or compression on a few of these sounds.
https://soundcloud.com/monomo/mc-u-he-hive-mixed-sounds

tedlogan wrote:Not to sound hysterical or anything, but this synth is incredible. The fast targeting system, the interface, the sound, it is just a remarkable thing of beauty. Thanks a million for making this - I'm coming up with patches far outside the complexity and scope I imagined Hive would have.
Hey tedlogan

i agree, and am happy with your patches, specially the guitarrish ones :clap:

nice to :phones: your sounds

Ole
there is a gamsfacex.urgs

2ZrgE wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:
That's not very likely to happen as it would imply too much changing of the GUI I guess.

But as they always say: "Use your ears, not your eyes". :wink:
Oh, I know :).

Funny enough, the more I play with Hive, the more I honestly don't mind the features it already has. We're all requesting new stuff, but the sound is rich enough that I'm not complaining ^^.

2ZrgE wrote:But as they always say: "Use your ears, not your eyes". :wink:
Yo do know this is KVR, don't you? :hihi:

The more I play with this the more impressed I am. The filters sound really damn good. Bravo! Really good job on the preview presets too. This is shaping up to a be a special synth.

H.Ole Luft wrote:
tedlogan wrote:Not to sound hysterical or anything, but this synth is incredible. The fast targeting system, the interface, the sound, it is just a remarkable thing of beauty. Thanks a million for making this - I'm coming up with patches far outside the complexity and scope I imagined Hive would have.
Hey tedlogan

i agree, and am happy with your patches, specially the guitarrish ones :clap:

nice to :phones: your sounds

Ole
hahaha - "Absurdistan" - wonderful.

Thanks H.Ole Luft, glad you enjoy those.

Some sounds I made yesterday using Hive.
https://soundcloud.com/monomo/aggressiv ... -from-hive

Here's my updated Hive soundset. Now 72 sounds.
https://app.box.com/s/a5ua2ei0056r0fz9h34g2p8wd4lby3lm
Last edited by mcnoone on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's funny how you listen to just the presets it sounds like a synth no particular one just a synth it could be any from a Juno to a Virus. Post details about HIVE and some run off screaming it's a trance synth.

Really liking the new presets and the ones being shown in this thread. Shows off how versatile HIVE is and how good it is for any genre. Thanks all who made them.

Can someone please explain what "Alternate", "Constant" and "Random" do? :)

Sure, if you assign one of them to pitch you'll quickly hear what they do.

Alternate is a bi-polar source, it modulates in a positive or negative direction, per note press. According to how much you dial in in the mod-matrix.

Constant just provides a constant shift to whatever you assign it to. If you assign it to pitch you'll simply hear the pitch set to a new value. It's static. It can be useful to push parameters further than the front panel allows. Among other things.

Random assigns a random, but constant value to whatever you assign it to. This again acts on a per-note basis.

Hope that helps (and is correct!)
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Constant just provides a constant shift to whatever you assign it to. If you assign it to pitch you'll simply hear the pitch set to a new value. It's static. It can be useful to push parameters further than the front panel allows. Among other things.
Whoa, this I wasn't aware of. Just tried it on an amp release and with it cranked up I'm not sure if it quiets down at all.

Edit: well okay looking at an oscilloscope I can see it falling ever so slightly but its release time is best measured in minutes.

I am assuming that the user will be give a choice of what the large middle hexagon will display. I like the idea of a large oscilloscope, just to keep me visually as well as sonically entertained.

:clap:
바보

Return to “u-he”