MPowerSynth improvements & feature requests

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MPowerSynth

I'm sort of in the middle, more a twiddler than a full-on sound designer, part musician part knob twiddler part techie.
I'll agree with what others said, when you get a synth you expect some high-quality presets that bubbled to the top, maybe in the "best" category, for a quick wow factor just to start; and then peruse around the other categories, and then get to tweaking presets and coming up with of few of your own, and finally possibly using in a "music" composition.
It's good there are preset categories in there; one thing I had noticed is that the categories seemed a bit unbalanced as far as number of presets per category - some were brimming full and others only had 2 or a handful, probably a result of the general forum public designing presets.
I was disappointed by seeing only a couple arpeggio presets to start with; obviously I can make my own but I do enjoy playing with these types of presets made by folks who really know what they're doing with sound design at first.

Same here concerning Arps, I really like good arp presets, so if a synth does not have an arpeggiator (or cannot do sequences out of the box) it does not feel complete to me. Mpowersynths arps seems quite powerful in this regard.

Thank you! Actually you can randomize great arps ;). Just try that ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi folks,

let me ask one question: I'd like to morph between different formant filter settings (different characters "A", "O", for example). What I did was setting up two formant filters in the effect section and feed them into a mixer module. Now the parameters of the mixer can be modulated by a multiparameter. But how do I get the level of one filter reduced while the other filter's level is increased by moving the multiparameter slider? Do I have to put an arithmetic module in between to invert the output signal of one filter?
Would be nice if I could build and restore a complete formant morph module for later use in any project.

You have 2 basic options:

1) Use the Mixer FX and in the multiparameter controlling it use reversed interval for the volume of one filter (either using really inversed interval, or just enabled the "Invert" option in the parameter range settings)

2) Easier is to us Ratio FX which is exactly for this - it blends between 2 sources.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

When I assign Notes to control a Multiparam via MIDI setup, the range I get over my keyboard is from -2.9% to 103.3%. Those seem to be out of scope values that I never can reach using the GUI. A bug?

Hmmm, intersting!!! :D Needs to be fixed :D

EDIT: Aaaaaha got it! It's correct actually, well, it depends, but basically the plugins are transforming MIDI notes to log scale frequency from 20Hz to 20kHz, but the lowest note is actually below 20Hz and highest above 20kHz. For the record, it actually uses "standard keyboard layout", not MIDI specification, so it is one octave above it, which is actually a good thing in this case, otherwise it would go from like -13% :D.
Vojtech

ZentralmassivSound wrote:When I assign Notes to control a Multiparam via MIDI setup, the range I get over my keyboard is from -2.9% to 103.3%. Those seem to be out of scope values that I never can reach using the GUI. A bug?
Sticky for MPS presets !!!!!!! Just got yours, stellar stuff indeed. :D I am a media composer so EDM isn't my genre specifically, but really well designed original sounds with very good use of mod sources, suitable for loads of styles, well done.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote:Sticky for MPS presets !!!!!!! Just got yours, stellar stuff indeed. :D I am a media composer so EDM isn't my genre specifically, but really well designed original sounds with very good use of mod sources, suitable for loads of styles, well done.
Thanks a lot! :love:

Would it be possible to modify MPS to use it as a dynamic resynthesis module for other software synths? To be clear, it would be great to route the output of another software synth into MPS and have the MPS user change the signal and store, if possible, it as a new MPS preset. A synth that assimilates other synths. Storing the signal might require an added wav table functionality internally to regenerate the incoming signal however storing the signal would not be as important as the ability to modify the incoming signal and use MPS facilities in general.

Well, what you want is nearly (or fully) impossible. Look at it this way - nothing forbids you to send just about any signal into such machine. So you could for example route piano to it and you have a piano! :D Now that would be worth A LOT of money :D
Vojtech

I wasn't suggesting the dynamic regeneration of the input signal with oscillators. Don't effects change harmonics and some VSTs allow layering sounds? Think of an effect-like-VST that has the ability to sample a VST, and allow the user to edit(layer,cut,morph) the wav tables, or the software might do it for him in an algorithmic way. The user editing or algorithmic editing would allow variable length segments of the wav table to be substituted with other wav segments that could be generated from the on board series of oscillators and other effects. Yes the complexity of this is there. Intelligent algorithmic editing of harmonics, etc, might not be practical. Some VSTs currently represent a sound as a picture for editing however I don't think they sample a VST. The general idea seems possible. Maybe not cheap. Thanks for your time.

Still, what you are asking for is either called sampling, or you'd need a true AI :). However you actually gave me an idea :D, hmmm, :D
Vojtech

Hi!

I keep using MPS a lot, and there is this feature I'd like to see implemented: Sync on the oscilators 2 and 3.
I love the way hard synced osc sound, what do you guys think?

Have a good day!

tanabarbier wrote:Hi!

I keep using MPS a lot, and there is this feature I'd like to see implemented: Sync on the oscilators 2 and 3.
I love the way hard synced osc sound, what do you guys think?

Have a good day!
It's already there.

Return to “MeldaProduction”