Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

You know, participating in a thread like this and having it pop up every few seconds in the "your posts" section is the gift that keeps on giving.

If I was young enough to go back to college I could kill at least two psychology reports with this thread alone!

Mojo42 wrote:You did already. Telling us how much you are suffering. You can`t compare anxiety disorders with autism. Autists are not very anxious, apart from the fear someone could disturb their daily plan or could disturb they at whatever they do at a certain moment, playing around with a Synthesizer for example :lol:

So: Why should they fear to tell that they suffer?
Why should they tell everyone that they suffer? And if they did, what's so bad about it? Even "normal" (to avoid the term "healthy") people (without Asperger) are suffering from time to time! So why should Asperger people not suffer? Because they're the only happy people in this world? :o

My impression is that everyone with autism is different, even everyone with Asperger is different - look at their interests, they're all different, not everyone is interested in synthesizers, modulation or sound design...

And then, if you say "Asperger people don't have any disease, they're only different!", then the same applies to ALL kind of syndromes, disorders and disabilities... Same with ADHS, nobody talked about ADHS 30 years ago. It's just a new diagnosis but everyone with the diagnosis "ADHS" is different. And then, if I cannot concentrate 2 hours without any break on sound design, am I just impatient or do I have ADHS? (Or don't I have enough time in my life to modulate the modulators? :P)

I think this thread has reached a dead end. :hihi:

chk071 wrote:I think this thread has reached a dead end. :hihi:
You need a good drink (without apple)...

http://mixthatdrink.com/copper-camel
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote:I think this thread has reached a dead end. :hihi:
249 pages ago............. :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You know what synth was really overrated? Alchemy

This thread needs it's own Syndrome.......CLIGS.......Can't Let It Go Syndrome.......there is no cure.. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Mojo42 wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:In the end Ben might really have Asperger and wasn't empathetic enough to tell his despaired customers the plain truth of what happened...

(No, impossible, aren't all Asperger people painfully honest? :P)
At least he is empathetic enough not to make silly Aspie jokes :wink: 8) :P :lol:

Like this for example:
Hm... I thought that was a genuine article from a reputable website. Googling "camel milk autism" brings up more results that suggest that camel milk is benifitial for children with autism. :?

So, what "joke" are you talking about?

Arglebargle wrote:You know what synth was really overrated? Alchemy
it's (was) not a synth. It's (was) a rompler... :wink:

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Mojo42 wrote:You did already. Telling us how much you are suffering. You can`t compare anxiety disorders with autism. Autists are not very anxious, apart from the fear someone could disturb their daily plan or could disturb they at whatever they do at a certain moment, playing around with a Synthesizer for example :lol:

So: Why should they fear to tell that they suffer?
Why should they tell everyone that they suffer? And if they did, what's so bad about it? Even "normal" (to avoid the term "healthy") people (without Asperger) are suffering from time to time! So why should Asperger people not suffer? Because they're the only happy people in this world? :o
Wait. I never said that people with Asperger Syndrome never suffer. I just said (listen closely please) that they don`t suffer because they are autists. Maybe they suffer for reasons you never would understand as well as an autist not necessarily understand the reasons why neurotypical suffer.
Tricky-Loops wrote: My impression is that everyone with autism is different, even everyone with Asperger is different - look at their interests, they're all different,
I agree. I never said the opposite.
Tricky-Loops wrote: not everyone is interested in synthesizers, modulation or sound design...
I also agree. I also never said that all autists are only interested into synthesizers and so on.

Tricky-Loops wrote: And then, if you say "Asperger people don't have any disease, they're only different!", then the same applies to ALL kind of syndromes, disorders and disabilities... Same with ADHS, nobody talked about ADHS 30 years ago. It's just a new diagnosis but everyone with the diagnosis "ADHS" is different. And then, if I cannot concentrate 2 hours without any break on sound design, am I just impatient or do I have ADHS? (Or don't I have enough time in my life to modulate the modulators? :P)
Tricky Loops what are we talking about? What do you wish to say or what do you wish to hear from me? I don`t know if ADHS is determined as illness or not. I deal with autism and in the case of autism I know for sure that it is not determined as an illness. If you have got doubts, please ask "google". I also don`t say that autists never suffering, the post of Jace-BeOS clearly shows how much an autist can suffer from intolerance for example. I just said that they don`t suffer from being as they are.

They are mainly confident with themselve and how they are. They find nothing wrong on themselve. They feel wrong in this world, but that`s something different. I have no stress at all when I`m alone. I´m completely happy when I`m alone. I don`t harm myself. I just get stress and pain in contact with others when they missunderstand me. Our conversation is a good example. You don`t get exactly what I said, because you interprete what I said. The missunderstanding is born. It is because neurotypicals seldom exactly say what they mean. They talk in puzzles, between the lines and such. Exactly this is what really makes an autist suffering. Have you understand me now?

And no it would not bad if Aspies talk about their suffering and just normal, and yes they do, they suffer but they suffer not from what they are, they suffer from the contact with people who are not as they are. Someone asked an Aspie if he is suffering from his autism and he answered: "No. I`m not suffering from my autism. I`m suffering from the fact that not everybody else is autist too" I hope this explains something a little bit more. It is not intolerance what let him speak this way, it is desperation of being never understood right because people mainly not simply listen and try to understand but interprete and voila: Interpretation in case of the words from an autist can just turn wrong. There is nothing to interprete just to understand how it was said. Peace and love :wink:
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

Chapelle wrote:
Mojo42 wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:In the end Ben might really have Asperger and wasn't empathetic enough to tell his despaired customers the plain truth of what happened...

(No, impossible, aren't all Asperger people painfully honest? :P)
At least he is empathetic enough not to make silly Aspie jokes :wink: 8) :P :lol:

Like this for example:
Hm... I thought that was a genuine article from a reputable website. Googling "camel milk autism" brings up more results that suggest that camel milk is benifitial for children with autism. :?

So, what "joke" are you talking about?
What??? :o
Oh my god, I have to check this out :lol: Okay, sorry then. I was thinking this shall be a silly joke, but to be honest: I still think that it is joke from this "reputable website". I will check this out tomorrow.
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

I guess you have not understood what this thread is about? It's a bet. Whatever topic, not important... everything right, who gives a damn. No problem at all. It's been off topic for 19 days now (page 10). First bet was "100 pages before locked", then 200. Now 300. I guess some people put some money or smth.
Last edited by mhog on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mojo42 wrote:What??? :o
Oh my god, I have to check this out :lol: Okay, sorry then. I was thinking this shall be a silly joke, but to be honest: I still think that it is joke from this "reputable website". I will check this out tomorrow.
Never mind. I haven't read the article myself to be honest, so I don't know if it's true or not. :)

Mojo42 wrote:You don`t get exactly what I said, because you interprete what I said. The missunderstanding is born. It is because neurotypicals seldom exactly say what they mean. They talk in puzzles, between the lines and such. Exactly this is what really makes an autist suffering.
There must be MANY autists at KVR. Because sometimes I say something and it is interpreted completely differently (most times in a negative way)...

But it's not restricted to autists. Most people are living like the famous frog in the dark well, they live in their own world and when someone throws something into the well that they don't know yet, they throw it out of it again... That's sad because I always try to introduce different opinions, sometimes controversy, but most people aren't open for it, they only accept what fits to their own opinion.

so, what happened to camel audio? :ud:

Return to “Instruments”