Lost as an artist

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've always been lost anyways....nothing new with me. :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Last edited by c_bomb on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

I think in this "laptop musician" world everyone gets lost.
On the other hand, some are found ...

Oh, n/m
Last edited by hibidy on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sendy wrote:Writing with a pen(cil) and paper is supposed to be very stimulating for the brain. I like it and recommend it.
Type writers have been around for a long time too, so it's not exactly "new fangled tech" to want to just write stuff out. Hell, 2014 was a crapshoot of a year for me, a little under a quarter stuck in bed, and then the rest feeling fairly uninspired. I got a simple text editor for my old-ass Lappy, installed Linux, and just use it as a writing tool....that, and also the fact my hand writing is some sort of sick franken-chicken scratch of scribbles, cursive, and print. No one can read it - not even myself. - that might be partly because I grew up most of my life around computers. So they're more comfortable than pen and paper for me. /digression

As for genres...everyone in this thread has basically said it already: write what makes you happy. My music is some sort of schizophrenic collection of various genres. I would go as far to say it's the fact that I have always done this schizophrenic collection that has given my "identity". While I wouldn't say that it's exactly a good selling point as an artist trying to reach out to a fan base as I am certain most consumers of music would be looking for a more consistent genre, I feel like it's a more confining box to write all music in the same genre.
(It's a point I have thought a lot about myself; asking if I were to listen to my own music; would I consider buying it myself? Often the answer is no because of it's inconsistencies.)

SODDI wrote:
foosnark wrote:(If only they had drums you could throw your whole body weight into...)
Wouldn't that be the o-daiko?[/img]

Yeah, I played one in the taiko group I was in. (Ours was a hira-daiko, about 4 feet in diameter and a foot thick, much more portable than the barrel-shaped kind but still required two people to lift it from its case onto its rolling stand. The drum in its case and the dismantled stand could fit into a minivan, but without much other equipment.)

By "they" in that sentence I meant that drum circles tend to only have drums people can carry with them :)
SODDI wrote:I've seen performers like Bill Leeb (Frontline Assembly) and Ronan O'Snodaigh (Dead Can Dance) play great big ass marching bass drums laid horizontally on a stand. They can be real loud and to play them is real physical. But they're not great on portability.
A surdo, maybe?

How about ab surdo?

Oh look, a non-existant pelican!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Use this feeling as an opportunity to have some meta-cognition about yourself. You've proven to yourself that you can feel a certain way about music, yourself, and the combination of the two.

Is there a reason you cling to these ideas and feelings?

Redefine yourself. Why stick to something that you know doesn't yield what you want?

Adults tend to be so ingrained with who they think they are, that they believe it implausible to change themselves dramatically.

Think differently. Become different. Change yourself.

I like playing music for the fun of it, and for friends. I only want to do it bigger because they keep asking for it, lol. I'm such a nice guy.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”