Ribbon controller to control Pitch Bend

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Using, for example, AGG, will I be able to use the Ribbon Controller on my Korg Triton Studio to adjust Pitch Bend?

Hi, ample guitar just processes all incoming midi messages. So it depends on how your ribbon controller send pitch bend message.

Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote:Hi, ample guitar just processes all incoming midi messages. So it depends on how your ribbon controller send pitch bend message.
Hi Jie,
Can you explain this to me?

Using Cubase 7.0.0,
when I add a MIDI track and use any Program patch from my Triton Studio,
I can edit that patch and add pitch bend to that patch.
Using the joystick and/or Ribbon controller I can also modify the semitones from +1 to +12 and -12 (up to an octave).

If I add an Instrument Track using AGT, for instance, (defining a MIDI track as well)
and play AGT, even though I have defined the joystick +X & -X max to +12, -12, using the joystick it only bends +2, -2 semitones.
And there is no pitch bend at all using the Ribbon controller. ???

Also, what MIDI message is Ample Guitars using to interpret pitch bend?
thx,
ciao, Dan

You can control how much you want to bend by changing bend range. Ample Guitar just interprets pitch bend message (which starts with 0xE0 if you read midi specification) like other virtual instruments.

Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote:You can control how much you want to bend by changing bend range. Ample Guitar just interprets pitch bend message (which starts with 0xE0 if you read midi specification) like other virtual instruments.
I do change the bend range on any internal patches on my Triton Studio up to one octave or +12, -12 semitones.
However, with the same TS patch then playing the AGT it will onlly bend +2, -2.

Are you saying that the MIDI pitchbend messages are different when being sent to an internal instrument as opposed to an external one e.g. the AGT?
And the ribbon settings that work with the internal TS instruments do not work at all with the AGT.
???

I meant ample guitar treats pitch bend message just like other 3rd party virtual instruments. Since I'm not familiar with Triton Studio, you can try your ribbon controller with others like Kontakt, etc.

Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote:I meant ample guitar treats pitch bend message just like other 3rd party virtual instruments. Since I'm not familiar with Triton Studio, you can try your ribbon controller with others like Kontakt, etc.
Okay, I will try the ribbon with something like Kontakt and see what happens.

Unfortunately Korg is at NAMM and will be closed for the rest of the month.
thx,
ciao, Dan

DannyDep wrote:
Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote:I meant ample guitar treats pitch bend message just like other 3rd party virtual instruments. Since I'm not familiar with Triton Studio, you can try your ribbon controller with others like Kontakt, etc.
Okay, I will try the ribbon with something like Kontakt and see what happens.

Unfortunately Korg is at NAMM and will be closed for the rest of the month.
thx,
ciao, Dan
Not really familiar with Kontakt but I couldn't get the Ribbon controller to work there as well.
Will have to wait until Korg Support opens up again.

Cubase helped solve my problem using Input Transformer.
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 81&t=74755

Glad to hear that. Plus you can also use CC16 to control bender of Ample Guitar if you want.

Return to “Ample Sound”