Battery 4 Samples with the effects

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I haven't Battery, but i started today with a test. Many of the demo content have effects in the original file.
Before I buy battery, I need to know if this is so in all kits and samples?

Or can i set that battery loads only the dry version?

I'm not sure exactly what you what you mean?

If you want to hear what a factory kit sounds like dry, you can remove most of the FX quickly by clicking the top-left pad and shift-clicking the lower right pad. This highlights every pad. Now everything you do will apply to every pad in the kit. Now turn off everything on and off on the main page main page (Volume Envelope, Filter, Compressor, etc) and grab the Delay and Reverb Sends and wiggle them and set them to zero. Now look at the tabs on the bottom and do the same for the Effects and Master page.

You'll find it's fast because most of the pads in the factory kits only use the sends and then MAYBE the occasional effect on the Main tab, so you'll get a fair idea even if you just cut out the sends and turn off your the Main panel.

I believe you're thinking that many of the raw factory samples are effected and you're right. Most of the kits are made that way rather than using Battery itself to shape the samples. It's a really fantastic library for certain types of sounds that are pre-polished. But if you are looking for raw drums, there are other products more aimed at that, including several NI Kontakt libraries. I myself LOVE the Battery, and have used it to make a few of my own percussion/stab kits, but the Factory Library itself is right up my alley - although as in all-things-music, not for everyone! :D

Thank you for the useful reply. Yes i wanted to know, if most of the samples are effected by default.

Return to “Instruments”