U he Zebra 2 - Cpu Spikes ( Choppy )

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yes hello all u he friendly customers :) i had a quick question i am on windows 8 fl studio 10.9 and when i use zebra 2.7 i get cpu spikes from lets say 35 and it will jump to 45 and you can hear a little glitch within the speakers/headphones i was just wondering if there is any special settings in fl studio or within the wrapper settings in fl studio to fix this problem . The cpu isnt even getting near 100% and i am still getting cpu glitchy sounds every once in a while.

i love using zebra in every project about 5 to 8 zebra instances on each beat.

has anyone else expierenced this? and how did u fix it ?

Thanks!! :)

? please help

Unfortunately, a problem like this could either be solved in one reply, or it could lead to a series of back-and-forth eMails. Please send an eMail to support at u-he dot com where it will be easier (and quicker) for us to follow up with the result(s) and maybe new attempts at solving this.

In your eMail, please include some more information:

* exactly what revision of Zebra2 are you using? The revision is a 4-digit number in the lower right corner of Zebra2's GUI. If the revision number is lower than 3304, please install the most recent update that can be found here.

* where did you get the overall CPU percentage from? Host-internal CPU readouts are usually not very accurate. 100% CPU would mean your system is at stand-still because no processing power is left. Most systems will start behaving erratically at 70-75% CPU load, at least with time-critical applications like hosts that are processing plugins live at playback time.

* what plugin format are you using, VST2 or VST3? (It's strongly recommended to use VST2!)
* what audio driver are you using? ASIO4All or an interface-specific one?
* what audio buffer size is your driver running at? 128/256/512/1024/2048/4096 samples?
* what sample rate is your project running at? 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz?
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Hey Rob im so sorry in the past i have emailed support. So i dont want to seem like i am bugging you guys so thought id share a post on the forum :)

I am currently running the following options:

Zebra 2 revision number 3304

Vst2 :)

Asio4all

Buffer size is at 512

Sample rate of 44.1

Ya the cpu when i hear the (very low crackle or two every minute or so) is about only at 10%-25% so its very strange because i only hear crackles from some vsts when its up towars 80-100%

Thank you so much Rob for your reply .

I love Zebra and just want to make sure i am not missing anything in the options :)

Hey Rob im so sorry in the past i have emailed support. So i dont want to seem like i am bugging you guys so thought id share a post on the forum :)

I am currently running the following options:

Zebra 2 revision number 3304

Vst2 :)

Asio4all

Buffer size is at 512

Sample rate of 44.1

Ya the cpu when i hear the (very low crackle or two every minute or so) is about only at 10%-25% so its very strange because i only hear crackles from some vsts when its up towars 80-100%

Thank you so much Rob for your reply .

I love Zebra and just want to make sure i am not missing anything in the options :)

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ya tried that still a little choppy but not alot just every minute or so

(post deleted - never mind)

Howard wrote:(post deleted - never mind)
what howard ? please post what you were going to say very interested ..please.. :D

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote:
OverdoseBeatz wrote:Ya tried that still a little choppy but not alot just every minute or so
I see. I guess I can't help any further and excuse me for the dumb question, but have you entered your serial number? The demo version omits crackles from time to time.
Do the crackles sound like the following audio example?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/618 ... ckling.mp3
lol of course i put in my serial number it is a slight crackle single pop and thats it. thanks for the help tho

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thanks but ya no thats of course not it ..very annoying problem .. every project i render has a crackle u can barely hear in the zebra sounds :(

Clipping?
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Return to “u-he”