3.0 v1 Beta is here!

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

that solve my problem : thanks

:-) Multicore support seems to be working great, Loaded Alchemy player and CV Piano normally would bring on the crackle :-) sustain pedal down and all is smooth. Quick test but Thank you Jorgen

It is working so far, but i have an issue with XT since i bought new laptop with windows 8.1 - it was appearing blurry, so i did "Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings", and now everything is too small..

scum wrote:It is working so far, but i have an issue with XT since i bought new laptop with windows 8.1 - it was appearing blurry, so i did "Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings", and now everything is too small..
Try 1920 x 1200 and remember to play around with the scaling setting after that.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

New release looks promising, multiprocessing is nice addition, but I've found a bug that is causing a problem with crackling audio: Waldorf Attack do produce crackling sound on channel 1 whenever multitasking and multiple channels no audio plugin are enabled. I haven't had a chance to replicate same behavior with any other multi-output plugin that I have at my disposal, but will find out if there are some others that are causing the same behavior. Anyway, good enough for beta release. And it's great that same registration key is still working after all those years.

@keikz:
I guess there is - right now - no real need for further testing Multi-Out VST's.
There are already some reports from different users regarding multiprocessing and Multi-Out VST's.
(see here: https://getsatisfaction.com/energyxt/to ... eta-issues)
I think Jorgen should already have an idea where he has to look into.
Regarding registration:
Jorgen announced some time ago, that the update to final version 3 will cost a little fee.
This is a beta...

Last edited by OBSOLETE160530 on Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

late to the party, but damn this is exciting! viva la EnergyXT!!!!!!!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

had a quick run with it loading up a song i'm currently working on that uses Linplug RMiV utilizing 3 stereo outs, Asynth(freeware)
and 3 midi outs to my hardware synths. at first all seemed ok, then RMiV started skipping notes and later into the song
the audio completely became garbage. ehhhhh... ok. its a beta. i know, i think i'll stick to 2.7 final for now...until some
issues are fixed with 3.0.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Is there going to be a Win VST build of this?

I don't think he does the VST versions anymore, the speed at which he develops it would probably grind the entire development to a halt for him to move up to x64 or VST3 or so on anyway.
In all honesty, the fact that the website clearly states "Runs as VST" yet the download (2.7 official) does not include a VST is very dishonest, but it is just another example of how little this developer cares anymore ;)
Duh

"Runs as VST" is just an irritation. Jorgen meant you can run instances of eXT inside eXT, I guess.

fanta1 wrote:"Runs as VST" is just an irritation. Jorgen meant you can run instances of eXT inside eXT, I guess.
:?: :help:

bungle wrote:I don't think he does the VST versions anymore, the speed at which he develops it would probably grind the entire development to a halt for him to move up to x64 or VST3 or so on anyway.
In all honesty, the fact that the website clearly states "Runs as VST" yet the download (2.7 official) does not include a VST is very dishonest, but it is just another example of how little this developer cares anymore ;)
I see, thank you. That is unfortunate, and I agree, it is very misleading and dishonest that one of the selling points is "Runs as VST", but the VST versions are not being developed anymore. :-/

@ ZonderP
I remember the statement from Jorgen and also from a Behringer guy at Musikmesse 2008: "It's possible to run eXT inside eXT". A mistakable sentence... To say it correct: "It's possible to implement eXTs sequencer in the modular tab". That could be the myth and the never ending discussion about the VST-version 2.xxx

Return to “energyXT”