New Zebra2 / ZebraHZ Lover

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great synths, didn't ask for 50 off as I can't replace Solaris or my SE-1, but they sure can't do what Zebra does. Did turn my Scope Modular IV into a FX/Routing/Controller device though.
Great Presets Howard really brilliant work.

I only have a meager request though.

I love Josef Zawinul. Loved his PBend ideas and know there are no boards or soft synths who incorporate a dual PBend technique.
Would love to have the capability to use a negative -2 on the Down box, or maybe have the option of 2 x Ups instead of the 20th century up and down.

Reason is I love doing 1 and 2 octave bends and having another setting for the old school whole step next to that would be really refreshing.

Until then I shall try and figure out a way to use the stacked Duo Phonic thing I have going, and maybe a controller somewhere on the Physis K4 can get by until whenever.

Really impressed for the first time in my life with a soft synth.
Also snagged Satin a while back and that is a deadly weapon not available elsewhere, at least for what I do with it.

Great New Year thanks to the new Physis K4, TC Fireworx and Zebras...

Cheerz

In Zebra you can bypass the pitch bend range modulation if you want, and map the pitch bend via a modmapper to have any kind of curve you want... then assign that to osc tune.

That's a fantastic idea, thanks ED I shall see what I can come up.

Didn't work too well on the whole step, but found a Flute Preset that used the example you mentioned, turned that into the dual octave and octave by making 2 separate presets, went back to default on the PBend of using a whole step.
Now I use one of the 6 x Expression Pedals on the Physis K4 for the old ARP Ocatve PBend switch, and voila.
Glad you're around friend.

Also noticed ZebraHZ doesn't care much for a Core from my i7-3770S, so it looks like my production rig that uses the i7-4790K needs to become my live rig. Was going to do this anyway as that gig is over, so the i7 3770S 1U will become a spare.

Once you get use to the Diva Filter it's hard switching back, even though the XMF is really good and has good sound quality.

Thanks Again ED..

I guess this could be my personal thread since the title was never specific enough.

I have question regarding the manual/pdf.
I use Fox It instead of Adobe as I don't care much for Adobe constantly accessing my PC to upgrade.
But the manual has several links (go here/go there) and I can't access the links when reading on my PC/LCD.

Would I need to use Adobe just to get those links, or is there a list I could go view and copy all info. links from there.

Thanks Again

You can follow those links with Foxit Reader as well. They work over here.

Thanks ED.

I will check the settings and see if I have a feature disabled somewhere.

You need to be using the Hand Tool, AFAIK.

Thanks Again,
I just went with Adobe after all, as it just worked right after install.
Just to find out that the links were all in the manual, and not external.

Since I prefer reading a handheld manual I just put foot notes by each link with a page number.

Zerba2 is a Modulation Beast, and the Diva Filters really make this synth a pleasure to program.
DuoPhonic presets are really spectacular as I made 12 presets from the ARP Odyssey I always loved, even the release of a Filter envelope while sustaining a note, so the drone continues during the next retriggering.
Spectacular...

Thanks Again ED.

diaper@ky wrote:Didn't work too well on the whole step...
Could you tell us what you tried, and why it didn't work?

Sorry just saw this and it was my lack of on hands Zebra2 skills that didn't work.
I have since figured out how to use the Mapper better so I have the whole step in the usual 2up/2down window option for PBend, and Mod Mapper does the 1 or 2 octave choices.
Also thanks to the Flute Preset I have learned how to apply Mod Mapper in endless ways. Really great and great help from you guys too.

Cheerz

Return to “u-he”