Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:clap: 8) The installer creates links in
/home/you/.vst/u-he since most apps will now scan for plugins
in .vst by default.

su is needed for installing system apps, but anything in
/home/you, is done by the regular non-root user.
So wine would be installed by root, but the plugins it uses
are installed and used in /home/you/.wine, by the non-root user.

Rakarrack and Calf-Plugins suite are great for finishing
touches, or extra dramatics.
Cheers

I tried the Zebra2 on Fedora 20, but the gui stoped working everytime i started it. The Plugin itself works well.

Will you support linux by default ?

Are there any new packs available, so a newer release of Zebra and the others ?

greetings and good luck. :)

Hey Beerhunter,

Can you tell me more about this GUI that stop working? Which host are you using? Does it crash the dsp engine?
The current release for linux is pretty up to date.

Now it's working. But actually I have no idea why. Seems some libaries must be mixed up as I included the debian repository. But after up and downgrading some libaries it works now.

When I used this command nothing shows up. But it has to be an graphical issue as also the selection menues didn't work.

Now it's working and I can also press the button in the first window there. Just wanted to be sure everything is working before I purchase something.

THX

waltermmm, I did not understand very well your message. In conclusion, is everything working fine now?

Hello everybody

Bought the Hive Synth and tried to use some presets.
I have copied the downloaded presets to /home/.u-he/Hive/Presets/Hive Mind
But nothing shows up when I start Hive. I have only 7 preinstalled presets which come with Hive.

Is the right folder I think but I have some sub-folders too?

Hey,

I just updated the plugins to the version 3305 (see the first page).
Hive contains the "Factory Presets Preview".

hihu, you should put your presets into the folder: /home/.u-he/Hive/Presets/Hive/Hive Mind

= /home/hihu/.u-he/Hive/Presets/Hive/Hive Mind :wink:

@ abique

when i load Zebra 2 inside of Bitwig Studio on my Xeon 1230_v3 with 8GB RAM, GIGABYTE GA-B85-HD3 Mainboard, HD5870
the plugin crashes immediately on the first run. It does not crash Bitwig, beacuse the VSTs are handled by sandboxing.

I will try the latest version you uploaded.

cheers

edit 23:25

still the same problem, visit the link for a short video, thanks. :)

https://mega.co.nz/#!xBwhhJKD!rcXKtG6h1 ... IOQzmmIW5c

Beerhunter, it seems that you did not use the installer.
Path to the plugin's resources are hardcoded to $HOME/.u-he/Zebra2/... so please can you use the installer?

There is a strange bug regarding the pitch in renoise (not tried them in any other host yet) - the octave of the note seems to change after the first program change.

To reproduce this (in Podolski or Hive - the only 2 I have tested so far) - press a note on midi when vst is fired up, then change to another program and press a key - it will be one octave down (on podolski) or one octave up (on hive). Switch back to init voice and this new changed octave is maintained..
Any idea on this? A lot of these plugins are 1 octave out compared to running the windows versions through wine.

@ abique

srry was my fault, works perfect, thanks.
Some Plugins i found i don´t need to install, so that was why i tried it that way. :)

stone1 wrote:
There is a strange bug regarding the pitch in renoise (not tried them in any other host yet) - the octave of the note seems to change after the first program change.

To reproduce this (in Podolski or Hive - the only 2 I have tested so far) - press a note on midi when vst is fired up, then change to another program and press a key - it will be one octave down (on podolski) or one octave up (on hive). Switch back to init voice and this new changed octave is maintained..
Any idea on this? A lot of these plugins are 1 octave out compared to running the windows versions through wine.
I'll give it a try. But it is the very first time I hear about it.
So you mean that if you save a project on windows, using C4 on podolski, then if you re-open the project on linux it plays C3 on linux right? And if we replace podolski with hive then C4 becomes C5? This is very weird.
Can you tell me the plugins revision you're using? Thanks.

Yes - well the way I was testing it was loading the windows Podolski plugin using vst-bridge. Set a pattern to play one of the preset patches in renoise, then load podolski native linux plugin, select the same patch and it will be 1 octave lower.

Edit: and this is with the latest version of the plugins too.

Some good news, in new qtractor 6.5 I have just used filterscape, uhbik, and Zebra2.
Previously, the ports and parameters would not be found,
and no gui, which is still the case in carla.

There appears to be some issue with jackdbus running in perpetuity, qtractor will crash when loading zebra, if it's not a fresh session, so I need to find how to stop the daemon from running, killall won't do it.
edit: chmod -x /usr/bin/jackdbus worked for that, but Zebra2
still wants a fresh session, hopefully a local flaw. :?

There are some graphics redraw issues, that I'm pretty sure are local to my machine, so I'll test on one with official nVidia, instead of nouveau, later.

Now qtractor only sees one uhbik, the flanger, but it works, while carla sees all the uhbiks individually, but none of their ports, so it doesn't :dog: I guess rnbc and falkTX need to visit a tropical resort for a week or so, and meld their code between pina-collada's 8)

Filterscape is amazing, and has somehow managed to fly under the radar. Will be fun learning some new tricks.
Cheers

Return to “u-he”