Sylenth1 Awesome Alternatives?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sylenth1

chk071 wrote:But IMO, doing sounds on a "i don't even know what sounds are typical, maybe someone can point me at it, then i'll create the sounds" seems a bit without heart, and if it's without heart, there can't be quality.
Well there's a lot of different genres, ...you know, dumbstop, deadmop, then wubble, and weebles...bibble biotches, and tree corn square pants.
Where does one start?
I'm doing wubble basses now though...it's for a good cause and all that.
Okay...Modwheel to lfo rate...check.
Am I done yet?
Oh...other lfo with slow time set to filter for teeth sweep...check.

:D

Well, right, you can't love every sub genre, but a little love there should be.

mcnoone wrote:
chk071 wrote:But IMO, doing sounds on a "i don't even know what sounds are typical, maybe someone can point me at it, then i'll create the sounds" seems a bit without heart, and if it's without heart, there can't be quality.
Well there's a lot of different genres, ...you know, dumbstop, deadmop, then wubble, and weebles...bibble biotches, and tree corn square pants.
Where does one start?
I'm doing wubble basses now though...it's for a good cause and all that.
Okay...Modwheel to lfo rate...check.
Am I done yet?
Oh...other lfo with slow time set to filter for teeth sweep...check.
No need to make it too complicated with the sound searching, if someone is interested which sounds are EDM atm just take a look here: http://www.beatport.com/top-100

C-note wrote:
2ZrgE wrote:
C-note wrote:
Oh yeah, for all you "today's synths sound better and have better features" people, Sylenth1 was number 1 again in 2014, eight years after it first came out.
Who was asked? Warez-Kiddies? :hihi:
If you are really interested (probably not) you could ask Computer Music mag what their survey Demos were.
Sylenth of course deserves that spot. Not number one, but close. And without scientific research I dare to say that a lot of CM readers use a cracked copy.

They have Nexus in their top ten. Just saying. A synth?
"A couple of things to bear in mind before we dive in: we're dealing with synths only here (so you won't find any drum machines or samplers) and only paid-for instruments are included."

2ZrgE wrote: No need to make it too complicated with the sound searching, if someone is interested which sounds are EDM atm just take a look here: http://www.beatport.com/top-100
That's a genre that's crawling up its own arse eating away at its own innards.
Not much longer before it has eaten itself completely.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

chk071 wrote::D

Well, right, you can't love every sub genre, but a little love there should be.
Yes you can. Try harder :x ... :P :hihi:
Eternitysound VST Banks

2ZrgE wrote:Sylenth of course deserves that spot. Not number one, but close. And without scientific research I dare to say that a lot of CM readers use a cracked copy.

They have Nexus in their top ten. Just saying. A synth?
I'm pretty sure that the survey was taken from a limited choice (ie: what was nominated) with the option to pick top 3 or 5. Even if Sylenth was everyone's third choice it would probably get the top spot. It's also one of the best synths for beginners to learn on, therefore a lot of the voters may know little else.

To say though, that any one synth is the best is highly subjective and fails to account for the fact that many excel in different areas to each other.

Anyway, Hive and Spire cover every base I need within that particular realm of sound, both of which i find more pleasant to use than Sylenth. It also gives me a mild sense of smug satisfaction to know I'm being ever so slightly different to the masses! :wink:

Karten wrote:
Urs wrote:
Alchemist12 wrote:was also searching for a Sylenth1 64-bit alternative .... this sounds awesome

http://youtu.be/OZswdFI7h38
Not sure if we authorized their use of a Diva screenshot, let alone "simulating" her. I guess this goes to our lawyer asap.
Their dropdown list also shows "Bazille, Zebra, Dark Zebra, and... Zebralette."
Just a short follow up: Someone elses seems to have had them set the video to private. Wasn't us… :oops:

Ha, gold XD
Eternitysound VST Banks

Still the shot is there:

I feel like Spire deserves to be mentioned in the same category as Sylenth... love them both!

spinjones wrote:I feel like Spire deserves to be mentioned in the same category as Sylenth... love them both!
This is true. They both exist prominently in similar EDM circles. It's CPU usage is pretty darn high though atm. That's something of a difference compared to Sylenth1's notorious low CPU.

After trying the Spire demo out for some weeks now, I found the only thing that sounded good to me were the pads. The rest are not that good imo.
You know why? Turn off the effects then listen.
Every sound is effects, under that is something like the dullest one ping only thing going on.
All those effects make it sound a bit like being stuck in a tin can.
Needless to say I think Spire is not good...only my opinion of course.

The only thing I liked about Spire are the easy supersaws. Somehow it sounds thin and uninspiring to me. Nothing special. Currently I'm trying hard to like Serum..Both are CPU hogs and don't sound noticeably (if any) better than Sylenth1, so no..they are not worthy alternatives IMHO.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

For me, it already sounds awesome without any effects. Opinions... :P

Return to “Instruments”