What is your favorite small effects developer and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New Sonic Arts
Xfer

Great plugins and stellar u-he level support
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

HobbyCore wrote:"Small" meaning 1/2-man operations that charge <$50usd for their products. I'm not really interesting in instruments at all.
Grandma Ellie's Home Cooked Jam fixins, every time.

God.

Sampleconstruct wrote:God.
How Zen :)

Signaldust stuff just screams quality. He might not be that well known in the 'regular' sub-forums, but I don't think there is a single developer here at KVR that doesn't know who he is. He never does any type of advertising/promotion.

PatchAdamz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:God.
How Zen :)
in'it :pray:

Glitchmachines
Aly James
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Acon Digital
Verberate is a very high quality natural sounding algorithmic reverb plugin, available for only $99, often a lot less from re-sellers.
Equalize is a very good sounding clean EQ with some interesting features that makes it my favorite EQ ITB at the moment. Also available for $99 or less.
The developer/owner is active online (KVR/GS) and really listens to feedback. The few times I reported a bug, it was fixed within hours!

ValhallaDSP
Very good reverb plugins that sound like those famous classic reverb units (and beyond). Very affordable for only $50 a piece. Developer/owner is very active online, great customer support.

TDR/Vladg
Kotelnikov is simply amazing, even the free version. So much quality for zero $$$ is unbelievable. I'm buying the GE version, not because I need something better, but because I feel the need to support them, they deserve that!

There are more amazing small developers, but these are the three I could come up with for now.
Music... life would be boring without it.

Steve Duda (Xfer Records)
Sean Costello (ValhallaDSP)
Quinto Sardo (Sknote)
Jeroen Breebaart (ToneBoosters)

Has anyone mentioned, Philippe (eaReckon)? I don't know his last name.

Marando wrote:Acon Digital
Verberate is a very high quality natural sounding algorithmic reverb plugin, available for only $99, often a lot less from re-sellers.
Equalize is a very good sounding clean EQ with some interesting features that makes it my favorite EQ ITB at the moment. Also available for $99 or less.
The developer/owner is active online (KVR/GS) and really listens to feedback. The few times I reported a bug, it was fixed within hours!
Doesn't Acon Digital have a decent number of employees?

EDIT. Ah, this is the effects forum. Oops
Last edited by C.Bennett on Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Glitchmachines
Aly James
Glitchmachines make creative crazy effects like no one else ideal for the glitch IDM crowd

Aly James is a developer that has emerged to be extremely talented at recreating hardware emulations, his vdrumm is highly praised and should be soon available cross platform.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Shattered Glass Audio - amazing vintage/tube/analog sounds, great support
TDR - use SlickEQ and Compressor all the time

elxsound wrote:
MarlaPodolski wrote:
HobbyCore wrote:Great point, go ahead and start your own thread. :phones:
No thanks. These big-money companies are the bread and butter of KVR. I'm not dumb enough to dig into that one.

I guess my point to you was that you are possibly excluding a lot of great little firms here by the one-man/$50 limit. That's why so many are trying to squeeze them into the thread.
Do some research. You'd be surprised how many employees the so-called big companies really have.

Nothing is taboo, but do yourself a favor and research before assuming. This has been talked about exhaustively through the years and I expect it to be something we all talk about for years to come. No conspiracy to speak of.

I have a bridge in NYC I'd like to sell you. (And I never used the word 'conspiracy' -- that's all yours.)

C.Bennett wrote:Easy.
Seems pretty difficult, since none of those apply to the thread topic :hihi:

Return to “Effects”