DarkWave Studio VIRUS??!?!?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
whenever I've tried to download DarkWave Studio from this KVR page:

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/experiment ... -1-2-20852

it takes me to their homepage and the Setup file is coming up POSITIVE in my NORTON 360 virus scan...

I will investigate further, but I wanted to bring this to the attention of the site administrators AND my fellow KVR users

I hope this doesn't cause too many problem if I am wrong. But if I am right, I hope that this has been helpful

Thanks

Tweedle @
digitalmastertaco@gmail.com (mailto:digitalmastertaco@gmail.com)

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
it seem to be only the WEB-SETUP (DarkWave-Studio-Web-Setup.exe) that's giving me a positive result, but not the source (DarkWave-Studio-4.1.4-Source.zip)

It's coming up as [ Trojan.ADH.2 ]

I don't know any more than what I've told here thus far, but if ANYONE has had this problem also, please EMAIL me as soon as you get the chance. Thanks

Tweedle @
digitalmastertaco@gmail.com (mailto:digitalmastertaco@gmail.com)

Notify Norton as soon as you can. They have been known to issue the odd false positive occasionally (meaning LOTS).

These are almost always false positives but it's worth contacting the developer to make sure.
Hardware: Akai MPK61, MFB-Synth II, Roland JX-8P, Virus TI Snow, KORG MS2000R, Roland SH-01
Favorite software: Sylenth1, Synth1, Messiah, ME80, OPX-Pro II, Zebra 2, Diva, Reason, Studio One V2 Pro

This is Norton's False Positives Submission web form:

https://submit.symantec.com/dispute/false_positive/

And here you can upload any file to be scanned by dozens of up to date anti viruses:

http://www.virustotal.com/index.html

For what it worthes, no virus repported in WSE.
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

I remember Forticlient quarantining and deleting a virus trying to spread titled "Opencandy." At least I think that's how you spell it, but I tried that program and that incident with the virus alert, saying that it came from Dakwave, made me delete it and switch to LMMS.
Es gibt nur ein.

Old topic, but you can also scan URL's with VirusTotal: https://www.virustotal.com/#url

currently can't d'l this from the site. plus i am a bit worried a bit about malware but i'd love to try to use this if you just have to be careful when installing.

I have just downloaded and checked the installer at Virus Total:
https://www.virustotal.com/es/file/1e20 ... 422558242/

Maybe false positives but I would pass.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

When it comes to free DAW's I would get LMMS rather than Darkwave any day.

Numanoid wrote:When it comes to free DAW's I would get LMMS rather than Darkwave any day.
Yeah. Definitely the better option. :)

There was a period Darkwave did updates as frequent as Adobe, rather annoying, as it was mostly nitpicking.

And then they went for some kind of online only installer, and then they quit that, and went back to the offline installer.

Just too much hassle

Numanoid wrote:When it comes to free DAW's I would get LMMS rather than Darkwave any day.
was considering that for later on or actually buying a legit copy of FL Studio.

i saw Darkwave Studio on a KVR Free Hosts top rank & checked-out a Youtube demo & i liked it because it reminds me of VST Host (which i still use on my old CPU) & the fact that it has a HardDisk Recorder would mean relying less on Audacity (which i also use).

GUI & workflow i'd rather use something like Darkwave Studio or VST Host than LMMS, Mu.lab or Reaper. i pretty much want something that operates as a glorified VST/plugin host. then Edit in Audacity.

was not sure if the Failed Download was on my end or what.

less_cunning wrote:
was considering that for later on or actually buying a legit copy of FL Studio.

i saw Darkwave Studio on a KVR Free Hosts top rank & checked-out a Youtube demo & i liked it because it reminds me of VST Host (which i still use on my old CPU) & the fact that it has a HardDisk Recorder would mean relying less on Audacity (which i also use).

GUI & workflow i'd rather use something like Darkwave Studio or VST Host than LMMS, Mu.lab or Reaper. i pretty much want something that operates as a glorified VST/plugin host. then Edit in Audacity.

was not sure if the Failed Download was on my end or what.
FL might be your best option, you could eliminate Audacity and do all of your work in one DAW if you're comfortable with the workflow.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”