ARP ODYSSEY IS COMING!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seamoss wrote:I couldn't image playing steady gigs with the MS-20 Mini
Karin Park can:)))
Murderous duck!

Is Eurovision a steady gig? :hihi:

V0RT3X wrote:The keys are bigger on the Odyssey than they are on the MS-20 Mini as far as i can tell.

Might be worth going over the spec sheets too.
On a similar topic, the key-size description Korg uses is inconsistent. Korg Odyssey and MS20 Mini is said to have mini keys but so does Korg MicroKorg - it has mini keys according to the spec, and yet the MicroKorg has different size keys. So we have two sizes of mini keys however, I have always considered the MS20 Mini to have mid-size keys.

It may be seen as nitpicking to point this inconsistency out, however those who don't like mini keys (like used on Yamaha DX100, Korg MicroKorg, etc) may be put off from buying, say, the MS20 Mini thinking that it has those same mini keys (if they didn't have a chance to see it in person, for example).

Korg Kronos: full size keys
Korg MS20 Mini, Odyssey: mid-size keys
Korg MicroKorg: mini keys

[this message was sponsored by Mr. Nit Pick from Synth-Anoraks-Unite]
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Kriminal wrote:Is Eurovision a steady gig? :hihi:
:lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Kriminal wrote:Is Eurovision a steady gig? :hihi:
I saw her and her brother in Solyanka, Moscow :D
Murderous duck!

himalaya wrote:It may be seen as nitpicking to point this inconsistency out
It's not nitpicking, it's an important distinction. There are jazz guys who shred on true mini keyboards like the DX100 and I imagine they would be impacted by the MS-20 Mini keys being almost twice as large.

Uncle E wrote:It's not nitpicking, it's an important distinction. There are jazz guys who shred on true mini keyboards like the DX100 and I imagine they would be impacted by the MS-20 Mini keys being almost twice as large.
There are also jazz guys who shred on microkorgs as well on anything else.
Last edited by david.beholder on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:There are as well jazz guys who shred on microkorgs as well as they shred on anything else.
Nope, only microKORG's. ;)

david.beholder wrote:
seamoss wrote:I couldn't image playing steady gigs with the MS-20 Mini
Karin Park can:)))

I don't know this artist, but after examining that picture, it looked (to me at least) that the knurl on the mod wheel to be larger than that of the Mini and closer to an original size one.

So I looked up a live video of hers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNmllHGtDw4

and it's clear that it is a full size (Vintage? or Kit?) when you see the 1/4" jacks. Look at the 4:00 mark of the video.

Again, I love my Mini, I am just saying that it feels and appears to be pretty cheap and not something I would think would last on the road.

seamoss wrote:I don't know this artist, but after examining that picture, it looked (to me at least) that the knurl on the mod wheel to be larger than that of the Mini and closer to an original size one.

and it's clear that it is a full size (Vintage? or Kit?) when you see the 1/4" jacks. Look at the 4:00 mark of the video.
2 meters away from me in Moscow. And I'm not sure was it even before or after kit was released. But I think before.
seamoss wrote:Again, I love my Mini, I am just saying that it feels and appears to be pretty cheap and not something I would think would last on the road.
I never touched neither version of ms20... but Nick of sonicstate said in one of recent podcasts that original MS20 was poorly made too, especially keys.
Uncle E wrote:
david.beholder wrote:There are as well jazz guys who shred on microkorgs as well as they shred on anything else.
Nope, only microKORG's. ;)
Okay, Okay :)))))) There should be some space for Microkorg Shreders Jazz Band and their copycats in today music industry!
Last edited by david.beholder on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Murderous duck!

double post
Last edited by david.beholder on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murderous duck!

86% of original size....

Old and new comparison. The new one is in stock on Monday theoretically. $1449 australian...I'm tempted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUASXiJMnU4
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Geeze the old one sounds way better
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

werp wrote:Old and new comparison. The new one is in stock on Monday theoretically. $1449 australian...I'm tempted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUASXiJMnU4

Great comparison, I want them BOTH! :tu:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”