Arturia's new plugins : Solina V and Matrix 12V

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Matrix 12 V2 Solina V2

ben arturia wrote:Hi all,
Hey fmr.
Could you please tell me with witch DAW you have those problems of AU validation ?
Digital Performer 8.07 (64-bit) in Mac OS X 10.9 - AU Wurlitzer and Oberheim SEM V failed validation and are excluded. And the others took a long time to validate too.
Fernando (FMR)

Hi fmr,

We had this bug with first VC4 versions.
This is fixed now.
Double check that you are running latest versions of all VC4 with your Arturia Software Center.
If this doesn't work you should try to clear DP cache.

Clear AudioUnit cache of Digital performer :

In the Finder you will need to hold down Alt and select Go then Library (Note : this Library is hidden from this dropdown menu if you don't press ALT).
In Library/preferences delete those files :
Digital Performer (folder)
com.motu.MotuAudioSystem

Note: only 1 of these files might exist, delete all that you find.

I have to say Arturia has done a great job of recreating vintage gear...
I can't imagine the painstaking effort it must take to do this... Great Job Guys!

However, if Tom Oberheim would have released the Matrix 12 with 2 voices failing randomly every time the synth was turned on & left it that way for months he would have been laughed out of the industry.... (Matrix 10 with 12 voice slots) could hardly be called a Matrix 12 wouldn't you say?

I hope the people at Arturia are working quickly on this issue as it makes it real hard to do any kind of studio work with the Matrix 12V at least in the arpeggio, lead riff, sequenced groove departments.... inserting random unwanted rests is a Major Defect. This is something you demand your money back or fix it right Fast as you would if you purchased a B3 that every 5th & 11th note didnt sound when played.

Hi Ramp,

You're right this one is very important.
This nasty bug will be fixed in next version !

ben arturia wrote:This nasty bug will be fixed in next version !
...and it's arrived, it seems! (Downloaded through software center, haven't tested yet...)
pethu.se/music-releases
Not a part of the loudness war!

pethu wrote:
...and it's arrived, it seems! (Downloaded through software center, haven't tested yet...)
Very warm and analog sounding emulation, especially for a plugin.
I have been getting considerable use out of this one.

pethu wrote:
Cool. Albeit all those negative feedbacks from users, I got the feeling that Arturia is working hard to get rid of the bugs. Hope it stays like that.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Hey ben arturia,

Downloaded the Matrix update 2/1/2015 went through tons of presets & could not get it to have any problems with missing voices... also like the "Voice Steal" feature being turned off on all the presets with the new update, it makes it so much better.

I am extremely critical when it comes to attention to detail on vintage synth emulation as I own alot of the real ones, and each have their own personality and feel to them. And I must say, with the update, the Matrix-12V Now Feels Right! Good Job!

The Solina V is a masterpiece. There are few soft synths that have ever sounded this Plush... & the attention to detail is amazing as well as the many extra features definitely send it over the top for dialing in the exact nuance a person wants to achieve.

Thanks for listening.... better yet... Thanks For Caring!

Ramp

Is everyone getting the nasty 10k spike on the Matrix 12V?

I've only read a few reports of it, but assume everyone is getting it since it must be in the code?

Audio

It sounds awful, and I don't know why it's there, as it's certainly not on the hardware. :? It makes this plugin a pain to use since you need to notch it out if you aren't doing any top end attenuation.

It gets really nasty really quick as soon as you start doing much gain boosting or using multiple instances.

It would be nice to have to option to be disable all that top end noise in general.

I have that 'analog' noise too, but no spike and nowhere near your -60 dB. My noise is around -110 dB
Screen Shot 2015-02-02 at 10.16.16.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Very strange.

The level is of course dependent on the master volume and post processing.

There are several reports of it on Gearslutz, and it can be clearly heard and seen in the example I posted, so I wonder what is making the difference between us?

It might be a Windows only bug? I've tried it with Cubase Pro 8 and Live 9 and the issue is the same, VST2.4 and VST3.

barryfell wrote:Very strange.

There are several reports of it on Gearslutz, and it can be clearly heard and seen in the example I posted, so I wonder what is making the difference between us?

It might be a Windows only bug? I've tried it with Cubase Pro 8 and Live 9 and the issue is the same, VST2.4 and VST3.
The master volume was maxed. Tested it with and without internal FX. No post processing after the synth at all.

I tested it with Logic 10.1.0 and the newest Matrix version as AU

Which preset did you use for testing?

deft_bonz wrote:
barryfell wrote:Very strange.

The master volume was maxed. Tested it with and without internal FX. No post processing after the synth at all.

I tested it with Logic 10.1.0 and the newest Matrix version as AU

Which preset did you use for testing?
It's identical on any preset.

It's clear this issue is only affecting some users then since you aren't experiencing it.

Yeah, my noise is identical too on every preset (depending the master volume saved with the preset, it's even lower).

Think so too. Seems to be a VST issue... I will retest it on Reaper as VST

EDIT: It's not an VST issue, at least not on Reaper 4.7.6
Last edited by stardustmedia on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

deft_bonz wrote:Yeah, my noise is identical too on every preset (depending the master volume saved with the preset, it's even lower).

Think so too. Seems to be a VST issue... I will retest it on Reaper as VST
Ah OK so it's not on the AU version. That could be the difference.

I notice that the spike is at 10k when running at 44.1khz, 15k at 48khz and so on...

Return to “Instruments”