Finally a new modular! (But it's in M4L)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Awesome!
Live is just an amazing Sound Design Machine.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

This is depressing. Why can't Cubase users get something like this?

Looks good making custom instruments within DAW (hopefully faster than with Synthmaker).
Not sure if I would need it in near future, though. Some questions:

- Does it include samplers?
- How are instruments saved / stored and are they CPU / memory efficient?
- Is it possible to add custom modules?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

there is already this:
https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/beap-po ... -max-live/
https://cycling74.com/wiki/index.php?ti ... um_Outline
but oscillot is more convenient

@DJ Warmonger
yes it includes samplers
save patch as a M4L preset
depends on your CPU
yes you can add custom modules - there is an SDK

in depth here:
http://maxforcats.com/category/oscillot/

it will also talk to outboard modular gear
if you have the right interface/soundcard

dave

And with max 7 integration of all the m4l devices will be a cinch
Amazon: why not use an alternative

GAS attack :help:

Geek's toy. I've tried Max for Live, never like it. Couldn't make even one decent sound out of it. It's like Reaktor, you could throw thousand modules into an instrument. But if this instrument couldn't make great sounds what's the point? And you have to spend lot time to learn how to program. This kind of things are not for me. Spire and Dune 2 are my kind of instruments:
1, No need to learn anything unnecessary, so more time for music.
2, Sounds amazing, so using these instruments just like playing a stinking expensive grand piano, thrill all the time.
3, Almost ALWAYS sounds amazing, no matter how you tweak those knobs. This is different from no.2. Most soft synths I've tried could make decent sounds, if you're willing to spend lot time to tweak those knobs, and follow an army of effects. But Spire and Dune 2 are totally frustration-free. It's hard to make an ugly sound from them.
4, Simple but still deep, so you don't have to worry you money is wasted on few sounds. Instead the possibility is limitless.

i'm a geek
love Max7
love Reaktor
i'm sure i will love this... :)

dave

Geek's toy. I've tried Max for Live, never like it. Couldn't make even one decent sound out of it. It's like Reaktor, you could throw thousand modules into an instrument. But if this instrument couldn't make great sounds what's the point? And you have to spend lot time to learn how to program. This kind of things are not for me.
Well, modular systems are the tools for sound designers who know what they do or enthusiats who want to experiment with weirdest combinations. If you need some specific sound and other sysnths don't allow it, build your own. With possibilities of modern computers this can be powerful compared to analog modulars.

All in all, the world of music doesn't end with powerful leads.
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Fantastic, this looks great fun.

I don't think you have to be a geek to get into modular synthesis, you just need to know what you're doing (cough). And modular synths are far from being "toys".

Oh, and it's actually pretty easy to make Dune 2 sound bad... again, if you know what you're doing.

This looks really interesting, would love to hear first-hand reports on CPU usage with complex patches. Live is not really the king of optimization.

Logictree wrote:Geek's toy. I've tried Max for Live, never like it. Couldn't make even one decent sound out of it.
That's possibly your problem, not Max4Live's.
Logictree wrote: Simple but still deep, so you don't have to worry you money is wasted on few sounds. Instead the possibility is limitless.
No, with a modular, the possibilities are limitless (or certainly, less limited than with a synth with limited signal paths).

We heard you liked modular, so we put a modular in your modular. :roll:

BEAP is the same thing and free, no? I find $100 is a lot to ask, considering.

It's not free no. $100 is fine, it's niche after-all.

I still wish Nord G2 became native.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Instruments”