Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

ChamomileShark wrote:I really hope Ben isn't reading this thread because it's enough to make anyone give up - on everything.

But if he or the others are - thanks for the great software, thanks for the support on even the unsupported products , hope all is well with you and I guess we just need to wait. At some point something is likely to come out - my personal belief is that the Camel crew aren't communicating because they don't care - but because they can't.

We'll just have to be patient. I know that seems an odd thing in these days of "download it now" culture but there it is.
This thread seems complimentary to me... heading towards 300 pages in such a short time shows a helluva lot of interest in Camel.

Why do you think something is likely to come out? Do you mean the continuation of Alchemy? That seems unlikely to me... my guess would be that it is just dead and permanently gone.

You know what this thread needs? More pages.

In the whole of human history there's only ever been one thread more confused.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... an-2864626
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Oh geez, Mushy. Now you've got my whole weekend thinking about knitting.

Nightpolymath wrote:Oh geez, Mushy. Now you've got my whole weekend thinking about knitting.
:oops:

:D

pdxindy wrote:
ChamomileShark wrote:I really hope Ben isn't reading this thread because it's enough to make anyone give up - on everything.

But if he or the others are - thanks for the great software, thanks for the support on even the unsupported products , hope all is well with you and I guess we just need to wait. At some point something is likely to come out - my personal belief is that the Camel crew aren't communicating because they don't care - but because they can't.

We'll just have to be patient. I know that seems an odd thing in these days of "download it now" culture but there it is.
This thread seems complimentary to me... heading towards 300 pages in such a short time shows a helluva lot of interest in Camel.

Why do you think something is likely to come out? Do you mean the continuation of Alchemy? That seems unlikely to me... my guess would be that it is just dead and permanently gone.
To clarify - by "come out" I meant an explanation / clarification.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Thanks coincidental, got it. Considered the modus operandi the Apple hypothesis is quite credible...

Oh well, I suppose this is in some way related with this thread.

MaxSynths wrote:Thanks coincidental, got it. Considered the modus operandi the Apple hypothesis is quite credible...
The one piece of info that seems a little out of pattern is that *usually*, when Apple purchase a company, the domain name/s get transferred from the original owner to Apple (usually through a reseller subsidiary so as to not telegraph the connection to Apple), usually immediately or pretty damn fast.

In Camel's case, the related domain names are all still registered to Ben.

It's possible of course that it is an Apple thing but that the deal hasn't actually been finalised or some other details need to be worked out, but it's a little less usual. Not that Apple would want or care about the former brand name (that's the one thing they really don't care about) but still, legally, if they owned the company and assets, they usually transfer the domain names - and this hasn't happened yet.

epiphaneia wrote:
chk071 wrote:No "We can't say anything" would break any NDA. And if the company who bought Camel Audio would really insist that even that is forbidden
... then it implies that the company that bought CA does not plan any kind of relaunch "under new name" and is, in fact, merely interested in obtaining technology, knowledge and smart employees for whatever *other* future products. And yes, there are such NDAs, but only by a certain kind of companies.
Unfortunately. I can also only think that they were purchased by Apple or likes. Although i wonder if the business was big enough to justify such a purchase for Apple. I mean, still talking niche market here.

chk071 wrote:Unfortunately. I can also only think that they were purchased by Apple or likes. Although i wonder if the business was big enough to justify such a purchase for Apple. I mean, still talking niche market here.
Redmatica was even more niche, though a better direct fit for Apple as the products were very Logic-focused.

Both top notch developers though with significant audio/DSP skills.

chk071 wrote:
epiphaneia wrote:
chk071 wrote:No "We can't say anything" would break any NDA. And if the company who bought Camel Audio would really insist that even that is forbidden
... then it implies that the company that bought CA does not plan any kind of relaunch "under new name" and is, in fact, merely interested in obtaining technology, knowledge and smart employees for whatever *other* future products. And yes, there are such NDAs, but only by a certain kind of companies.
Unfortunately. I can also only think that they were purchased by Apple or likes. Although i wonder if the business was big enough to justify such a purchase for Apple. I mean, still talking niche market here.
... and it starts again.

Speaking of ".... and" :band2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfg0_FbIqqw

Hunter wrote:And that is why I'm saying life is tough. This is the way it has happened.

shit :!:
Guys, there's your answer for you. It seems that it's worse than Apple... :!:

Well, life can be worse than Apple, that's true. :)

Return to “Instruments”