New Version Added! - Limiter6 Skin-2 - Modern BiColor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote:I don't suppose I can edit the 64 bit .dll on this 32 bit system ?
You can install Explorer Suite and edit the 64bit DLL on any Windows computer.

The bits of the OS dont matter since the program handles everything internally.
Last edited by ENV1 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

:clap: Do you plan to make skins for some other products? Like this one https://tonecarver.wordpress.com/boids/ :love:
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

Possible.

Ultimately depends on how much i like the plugin once i got around to testing it.

:tu: Thanks, Limiter6 skin works well now (with 1.0.2b).
yzcoruhT

ENV1 wrote:Possible.

Ultimately depends on how much i like the plugin once i got around to testing it.

This is one of the most underrated plugins out there. Perhaps a simpler, classier GUI might revitalize it a bit. Hope you can make it happen. Thank you.
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

We will see.

If i like it and there is enough room to work with, why not.

Tapehead wrote:This is one of the most underrated plugins out there. Perhaps a simpler, classier GUI might revitalize it a bit. Hope you can make it happen. Thank you.
+1 :D

where do the images go on Mac OS-X

I can't seem to find where they have to be copied and pasted
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

The skin is great as it is. Icing on the cake would be, if you can do something to distinguish the knob read out values (top right corner, changes when you move the knob) from rest of the values around the knob. Just simple black rectangular background will also work.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Since black rectangles under black numbers would make no sense i assume you are using the DLL that has white readouts? The one that Vlad made specially for the old black skin? If so, get a copy of the latest original-UI DLL from Vlads website, that one has the same dark-grey readouts as the indicators and labels. :)

(See screenshot in first post.)

As for the color of the readouts, thats something only Vlad can change.

realmarco wrote:where do the images go on Mac OS-X

I can't seem to find where they have to be copied and pasted
You could contact aMUSEd.

Hes already gone through the procedure and knows all about it.

I cant help, im on Windows.

ENV1 wrote:Since black rectangles under black numbers would make no sense i assume you are using the DLL that has white readouts? The one that Vlad made specially for the old black skin? If so, get a copy of the latest original-UI DLL from Vlads website, that one has the same dark-grey readouts as the indicators and labels. :)

(See screenshot in first post.)

As for the color of the readouts, thats something only Vlad can change.
I was thinking of something like this but no worries, it's a personal preference, I have created a mod for myself. I noticed there isn't enough space also so your overall design may not look good.

satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:I was thinking of something like this
Ah...gotcha. (I thought you might have the other DLL since youve suggested black backgrounds.)

Well, adding such background rects is exactly what i did for the black skin since the readouts were dark-grey on almost black background on that one. You could toggle them Grey/White/Off by clicking the area where the original skin has the switch for the language overlay, but as youve now seen yourself, it didnt look exactly pretty since there just isnt enough room to do something that doesnt look kind of 'out-of-place'. So this time i didnt bother to add any since the dark-grey on white didnt seem to constitute a problem.

Anyway, modding the BG image is of course still an option and everyone can do it easily. Or if you want to make the rects disablable, just do what i did and use the language overlay image. (Thats image 104.png, original dimensions 972x1656.) That will give you 3 states to work with, so you could do 2 different colors and off, or 3 different colors. The state of 104.png is switched via 106.png and saved to the registry for persistence.

I was able to follow the instructions but what do I do after I save it? How do I get the new .dll out of there with the new graphics?

You drag the DLL into ExplorerSuite, you swap the images, you save the changes.

Then you use that DLL.

Return to “Effects”