SPL Transient Designer, wow! alternatives?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

logic's is the best single band.. the sounds of the spl with more control over the envelope.

stillwell is the worst possible.

flux in the middle.

FOr windows, for tweakers, schwa dyno and sculpto are out of this world.

psylevation wrote:I use the Envelope Shaper that comes with Cubase (since version 4 I think). I works wonders on everything that needs more punch. :tu:
Gosh I misedd this aswell!

I remember seeing one that separated the attack from the release and let you process both separately. I don't remember trying it out but thinking it was interesting.

Does it ring a bell or was I dreaming?
It's

Nah, think of Sascha Eversmeier aka Digital Fishphones with "Dominion" and his later incarnation "Magix AM-suite" (am-pulse IIRC).
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

cosmosis wrote:I remember seeing one that separated the attack from the release and let you process both separately. I don't remember trying it out but thinking it was interesting.

Does it ring a bell or was I dreaming?
http://www.kvraudio.com/db/3649

It's brilliant! You can separate attack and sustain onto distinct tracks and process each with EQ and dynamics to taste.
Former purveyor of fine CurryPop.
(Yes. TheCaptain is back.)

^^ YES!!

time to give it a test.
It's

kcisANDderit wrote:
maxxxter wrote:I'm a big fan of Flux, but BitterSweet is crap, sorry
that's probably because you expect some banging in-your-face effect.

it's especially good on a full mix to get more separation and depth. or on a sub to pull those parts fwd, bitter (or back, sweet). it can be used on individual tracks for the same

if you can't hear it you're listening for the wrong thing

cheers!
Yeah, I would totally never use that plug on a mix much less any single instrument - it sounds like shit. Sorry.

I'm listening for "good" sound so I guess that doesn't work as you mention.
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

I just tried flux bittersweet v3 - after installing it there was malware!!!

I uninstalled it.

I bought SPL Transient Designer years ago and it is my go to for sound design and percussive sounds tweaking.

I've been using Native Instruemts Transient Master for the past couple years. Simple and easy to use. I recently picked up Vengeance's FX Bundle 2 which includes a really nifty two-band transient designer that I'm still trying to get the hang of. It sounds pretty good though!

+1 for the Stillwell/Schwa plugins. They're pretty great, too.

i can still say SPL transient designer is my go to! i didnt try NI's etc. as i have no issues with my SPL plugin.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

If you don't only compress but also use the expansion it has, then u-he Presswerk can give your drums some serious snap! Add saturation and drive it into soft clipping ... wow. :love:

I agree, SPL Transient is one of those plugins that I'll probably not ever sell. But it's very easy to make drums overshoot pretty quickly, and it can get very extreme. Will probably have to get a real one at some point, I found they make a 4-channel 19" version... :hyper:
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

The TransReckon is a goodun'. It's got a few tricks up its sleave.
Cubase user, House producer.

http://soundcloud.com/gavin-jackson

DCAM Envelope Shaper sounds good to me

+1 for the TransReckon.

dickiefunk wrote:
psylevation wrote:I use the Envelope Shaper that comes with Cubase (since version 4 I think). I works wonders on everything that needs more punch. :tu:
Gosh I misedd this aswell!

Yeah the Cubase one works well.
I was all set to buy the SPL but discovered the Cubase one...
The interface ain't as pretty but saved me some dough!

Return to “Effects”