Padshop PRO, Lopping options? Timestretching?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

demoing again padshop pro after steinberg gave me a new trial license (THANKS!) as i didnt spend much time in the past and couldnt remember it. now after having experiences with alchemy (RIP?), Granite etc. i am looking for options i couldnt find :(

1. i set the LFO 1 as source and set the GRAIN Speed then as destination but it doesnt get timestretched :(

2. is no forward, backwards and/or fwd+backwards looping possible?

i understand this plug a bit better after all granular synths ;D! when i can try out the 2 points and they work out maybe i will have a new granular synth which kinda enhances my Alchemy usage for dronessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:1. i set the LFO 1 as source and set the GRAIN Speed then as destination but it doesnt get timestretched :(
Why is depth set to 0?
Caine123 wrote:2. is no forward, backwards and/or fwd+backwards looping possible?
Modulate speed; negative values = backwards, positive = forward

Padshop keeps crashing Live when trying to drag and drop samples. Anyone else has experimented this?
dedication to flying

T-CM11 wrote:
Caine123 wrote:1. i set the LFO 1 as source and set the GRAIN Speed then as destination but it doesnt get timestretched :(
Why is depth set to 0?
Caine123 wrote:2. is no forward, backwards and/or fwd+backwards looping possible?
Modulate speed; negative values = backwards, positive = forward
i will check asap!

@2: so both doesnt work ;)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: @2: so both doesnt work ;)
Modulate with a square/pulse LFO? (top: 100% forward, bottom: 100% backwards / pulswidth: time in each direction)

some Padshop Pro tutorials would be awsome. i have not found anything for this nice thing.

Padshop Pro is awsome for drones, i made a drone out of the Sylenth1 Demo message. (10 min of work)

Ameyah Audio wrote:some Padshop Pro tutorials would be awsome.
Here is one I made last week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv9UIIQjgEo
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

@OP
Just set the speed knob to anything below 100% to stretch and to 0% for freeze and to negative values to reverse audio, no need for an LFO in this case at all. If you set speed to 0% then assign an LFO to Grain Position to modulate the playhead position, sync the LFO when you want to use synced loops (using a ramp-shaped LFO).

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Ameyah Audio wrote:some Padshop Pro tutorials would be awsome.
Here is one I made last week.
Thanks. I just got Padshop Pro and this is very useful. :)

rod_zero wrote:Padshop keeps crashing Live when trying to drag and drop samples. Anyone else has experimented this?
Try running Live as an administrator. Solved a lot of problems with drag and drop functionality all round for me IIRC.

Quick question, when I load in a loop and hold a note, there is volume modulation present I can't work out how to turn off.

Example:
2 bar loop sample imported
Root set
Speed set to 100%
Duration let to 1000
All other settings as init

The sample loops fine but it always fades out then in half way through. Changing the 'shape' parameter makes a difference, but there is still a fade out and in mid way through the loop.

Changing the filter and amp envelopes don't have any effect on it.

Any ideas?

I want to use this as a basic sampler as well as for its granular features so need to work out how to just play basic samples and loops with it without unwanted volume modulation.

Caine123 wrote:demoing again padshop pro after steinberg gave me a new trial license (THANKS!) as i didnt spend much time in the past and couldnt remember it. now after having experiences with alchemy (RIP?), Granite etc. i am looking for options i couldnt find :(

1. i set the LFO 1 as source and set the GRAIN Speed then as destination but it doesnt get timestretched :(
You overkill the task, no need a LFO for timestretching (unless that's really what you're looking for). As Sampleconstruct mentioned, as soon as the speed is below 100%, IT IS timestretching. Simple as that. Lower the speed is, longer the timestretch is. I don't understand why you're struggling with it honestly :shrug:

Neon Breath wrote:
Caine123 wrote:demoing again padshop pro after steinberg gave me a new trial license (THANKS!) as i didnt spend much time in the past and couldnt remember it. now after having experiences with alchemy (RIP?), Granite etc. i am looking for options i couldnt find :(

You overkill the task, no need a LFO for timestretching (unless that's really what you're looking for). As Sampleconstruct mentioned, as soon as the speed is below 100%, IT IS timestretching. Simple as that. Lower the speed is, longer the timestretch is. I don't understand why you're struggling with it honestly :shrug:
But the OP has been asking the same questions on granular synthesis on various threads over the years and he just goes on and on and on. Not that I mind (well, he could say thank you occasionally, but that's not his cup of tea it seems), but it's all rather strange indeed.

Neon Breath wrote:

sorry i totally misused the word timestretching. i meant the playback looped when holding a key. in alchemy i just set the position and add a LFO to it and change the playback speed with the different sync rates of course and set it to trigger! it doesnt matter which key i push it plays the same speed. here is a demonstration (sadly i dunno a software to record with sound and upload :()

http://screencast.com/t/InGaU3pUI6

in padshop pro i must have set something wrong of course, cause it doesnt play forward and backward + it changes the playback speed for different keys pressed. i dont get it how to reproduce my preset in alchemy (like in the vid) in padshop pro.

i really appreciate the help you guys give! not that you think the other way :tu:

Return to “Instruments”