Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Jace-BeOS wrote:
lnikj wrote:
Hunter wrote:
beely wrote:
I mean, after all, I bought my Alchemy license, and we all know there is an implicit understanding that the developer is now your bitch for life. How *dare* they leave us?
:hihi:
I think a reasonable attitude lies about half way between 'Saint Ben' and 'bitch for life'.
Don't go getting all moderate and reasonable on us ... :hihi:
Yeah. We need unbridled angst and bitterness here.

No reasonable states allowed :hihi:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

goldenanalog wrote:Here's a clarification:

The libraries that I purchased through the App store for IOS Alchemy are no longer available (so far I'm out about $50, and over 90% of the purchased sound ware) - that's what brought me to CA's website to begin with.
This is a valid complaint and is why I do not purchase in-app. The extremely short-lived nature of iOS apps has left me feeling screwed quite a few times as is, and I rarely buy any. I have no mission-critical third party investment there because of it.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

wagtunes wrote:Why is it that just because CA is a VST maker, we're just supposed to take this sudden "Screw you all" like it's perfectly acceptable and have no right to be angry about it? We're just supposed to say "Oh, okay CA. Have a nice life. Wish you well." It's total BS. Anybody defending them
Well, actually 99% of CA users are "angry" (as in "facepalm"). 1% (or even less) are trying to "defend them"? Just die-hard fanboys, or so called "acute stress reaction". I would not consider this thread, because it has nothing more to do with CA per se. This thread is a bet, like "can we reach 300 pages before it gets locked?". The posts are about camels, cameltoes, apples, autism. whatever you like. The only aim is:

mhog: :hihi:

At this point, I thought the only real aim of this thread was entertainment ;-) :hihi: The fact that we occasionally dip into seriousness is just human nature (and I have no qualms with taking things seriously).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Hunter wrote:
goldenanalog wrote:What's a little confusing to me, although maybe it shouldn't be - is that if CA's disappearance is truly that big of a deal that warrants 4,000 posts on KVR, then why doesn't someone here who has Ben's personal contact info simply give him a call or whatever, and ask him point blank what he can or cannot say about CA?

He may refer you to an attorney - but at least that's something -
That's getting pretty stalkery. I'm good friends with him and I've already said a few times, he is alive and not rolling around like a puppy in a mythical 8 figure mountain of cash. It's also well known on here they are a nice bunch of guys who've always gone out their way to support their customers, so in answer to your question, it would appear fairly obvious nothing can be said by him about camel audio at the moment...

Jace-BeOS wrote:At this point, I thought the only real aim of this thread was entertainment ;-) :hihi: The fact that we occasionally dip into seriousness is just human nature (and I have no qualms with taking things seriously).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOdlza6TH50

Ah the humor in awkward juxtaposition... :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:Ah the humor in awkward juxtaposition... :-)
Sh!t happens...lesson learned w/IOS, Jace-BeOS.

Let's see what Sampleconstruct has in mind - maybe the deal he winds up putting together is so sweet, that I forget about the rest of the CA's Alc libraries, and just settle....

Sampleconstruct wrote:Toilets on Pluto? I love this thread.
Earth

Pluto

This Thread

Jace-BeOS wrote:Welcome to the "because software" excuse. The whole industry has successfully managed to evade any regulation by consumer protection laws "because software is different". No warranties. No fitness for particular purpose. Contracts that aren't signed or agreed to in any sense of traditional legal way.
If you could find the quote in Douglas Adams' "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish" that basically says the same thing you just said, THEN it would be funny.

Thread.

Return to “Instruments”