PluginAliance sell until tomorrow, whats worth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As the title says, look here: http://plugin-alliance.com/en/plugins.h ... itter+Sale
What would be a good buy on here? I mean i have a lot of Plugins but i do not own anything
at all from whatever there is on the PA site...anything worth having of the 7 Plugins?
I was thinking of the BX_Digital V2 and Vertigo SC...or Alpha Compressor?
I have so many plugins ugh...then i know i will regret not getting anything.
And i just saw, if i pick more then one there is the Dynamic Discount too...
Last edited by BasariStudios on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:As the title says, look here: http://plugin-alliance.com/en/plugins.h ... itter+Sale
What would be a good buy on here? I mean i have a lot of Plugins but i do not own anything
at all from whatever there is on the PA site...anything worth having of the 7 Plugins?
I was thinking of the BX_Digital V2 and Vertigo SC...or Alpha Compressor?
I have so many plugins ugh...then i know i will regret not getting anything.
And i just saw, if i pick more then one there is the Dynamic Discount too...

i really like the maag filter; specially the air band.
it does some really strange things, in a positive way. So it's not a bread&butter EQ but rather something special.
Try it on some vocals, maybe on a piano etc. and you will see if you need it.

What's SICK is that I'd love to sell many of these, but those are ridiculous prices. I'm stuck.

hibidy wrote:What's SICK is that I'd love to sell many of these, but those are ridiculous prices. I'm stuck.

me too. I have a real problem with PIA and their disrespect to customers.

Once i wrote a complaint email about their sales (and why do they have a $20 transfer fee then?) hurting the value, as well as some normal support questions i needed help on.. it was all ignored except the price complaint and the owner replied that he has advised his staff to ignore any future complaint messages and not bother them with them.

I then wrote a reply that said sorry it was not meant in offence but perspective from a customer who owned their complete bundle, and then i asked a few more things they didn't answer the first time.. his reply was.. don't send me such long e-mails again I don't have time to read them. Nothing was answered.

And their sales are continuous anyway, don't be fooled by "sale ending tomorrow" with them. They are just like crysonic in that regard.

Oh ok this time it's a twitter sale :dog:

what will they think of next? They do facebook, winter, Xmas, summer, daily, LOL... these guys are a joke.

There are some nice plugins there, but I plan to only keep vertigo and a couple of the spl ones and ditch all others, or just sell my account so there are no fees and re buy vertigo at some stage for $99.. Really disappointed.. who in their right mind would buy this stuff full price?

I wonder how Paul Frindle feels that his plugin has been devalued to $99 or less with reseller (they even really rubbed it in by allowing resellers to do even better deals now) when for may years it was strictly a $249 plugin?

To be fair, there are a lot of companies that do this. Melds, Waves, IK, uvi, fxpansion, sugar bytes, east west, and about 95% of sound designers do the exact same thing. The kvrdeals section usually makes for monotonous reading.

Plugin Alliance plugins are probably the most reliable and best working plugins I have. They have worked perfectly from day one without any need for updates.

I've snatched quite a few from the sales and they are great. I use most of them all the time.

The endless sales are quite funny tho, but I don't mind anymore, I haven't payed full price for any of their plugins. That goes with most other plugins too, I don't think I've payed full price for more than a couple of my plugins.

masterhiggins wrote:To be fair, there are a lot of companies that do this. Melds, Waves, IK, uvi, fxpansion, sugar bytes, east west, and about 95% of sound designers do the exact same thing. The kvrdeals section usually makes for monotonous reading.
Yup and in 4 years that's how i bought Complete EWQL...lol. From 1000$ product sometimes they bring it down to 195.
I was thinking about this again, i don't know what to do, i own so many plugins, ugh.

I'd get VSC-2 and bx_Digital. Both are great products.

raymondwave wrote:Plugin Alliance plugins are probably the most reliable and best working plugins I have. They have worked perfectly from day one without any need for updates.

I've snatched quite a few from the sales and they are great. I use most of them all the time.

The endless sales are quite funny tho, but I don't mind anymore, I haven't payed full price for any of their plugins. That goes with most other plugins too, I don't think I've payed full price for more than a couple of my plugins.

I will give them that.. they are rock solid, good installers, and cover all formats. Sure they do alot right, i just wish their pricing was even semi stable.

FWIW my very favourites are these, to go back on topic:

Vertigo, DSM (complex to learn though but very powerful), Twin Tube, BX Dynamic EQ, Character.

Cheers

The Alpha Compressor is my favorite from them. We use it a lot for mastering.

what will they think of next? They do facebook, winter, Xmas, summer, daily, LOL... these guys are a joke
I agree. My least favorite of all companies...annoying emails, high prices even during sales, Remember when they tried to gouge everybody for drumaton? Man did i snicker watching it come down to $149 and i still dont want it. I hope they fade out of the picture sooner rather than later.
There ya have it...

I have no hate for the company, I just gased with a couple of things I'd like to sell and though I didn't pay a fortune for them, they have so many sales they are tough to part with (plus the new buyer has to pay a 20usd fee, which just makes it impossible)

On the bright side, they are good plugs. Mpressor isn't your typical compressor, you can have it limit and it's got a little bit of eq. DSM is a nice tool, but I hardly ever use it because it's fiddly. Demo is your friend. And remember to SAVE something you are working on. DSM used to have a very annoying bug that it wouldn't save settings (I think it's fixed now though)

I'm owning some of their plugins since years and never had a problem with any of them.
Yes, they are doing many sales, but their plugins are not as worthless as Waves ones.
If you're selling a PA plug, the buyer pays 20 $ for its activation. I think it's fair, other companies also charging for transfers.
To their company policy, I only have to say I dislike it too, especially releasing plugins for UAD's platform, but not for native customers.

Now towards Twitter sale:
- Vertigo VSC-2: IMO PA's best work till today. Sounds great on groups, mix bus and sometimes also for mastering.
- Alpha Comp: Great for clean mastering applications, but honestly, I don't like it. Every time I open it, I'm getting headache cause of its 10000 blue knobs and a few seconds later I replace it with another, clearer compressor.
- DSM V2: Clever compressor plugin, but not for everything. I bought it a couple years ago in thoughts of using it as a multiband comp for mastering (compressing high freq content with higher rations than lower ones). Sometimes it works, sometimes not. But it's quite cool.
- bx_XL V2: Good limiter, but I replaced it with Fabfilters Pro-L.
- Maag EQ: Great sounding EQ. If you buy it, you'll getting a discount on the new Maag EQ2 plugin (presented at NAMM). Thought about buying it, but I'm able to boost above 30kHz and running far more complex settings with Equilibrium.
- mpressor: Never used it as much as Alpha Comp. When buying Alpha Comp, their's also a mix-version included, but I don't know if it's comparable with mpressor.
- bx_digital V2: Hmmm put some few dollars on top and buy Pro Q2!

Return to “Effects”