[Reason] Is there a way to add ReGroove to audio warp markers?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Say I enable stretch on an audio clip and the slice markers show up - is there a way to ReGroove those slices, just the way I can quantize them? That would be the ballzzilla.

keyman_sam wrote:Say I enable stretch on an audio clip and the slice markers show up - is there a way to ReGroove those slices, just the way I can quantize them? That would be the ballzzilla.
At the moment, no unfortunately. :(
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
keyman_sam wrote:Say I enable stretch on an audio clip and the slice markers show up - is there a way to ReGroove those slices, just the way I can quantize them? That would be the ballzzilla.
At the moment, no unfortunately. :(
Feared as much. Oh well, I can try exporting to rex, regrooving it and bringing it back. i guess thats a fair workaround.

BTW hows that P4 working for ya? Can you live without it?

keyman_sam wrote:BTW hows that P4 working for ya? Can you live without it?
No I can't! ;) I've never had a more sublime controller. Highly recommended.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I see money.........vanishing from the bank account so fast that we've finally proven faster-than-light travel.

But yeah, I was bummed that the groove cannot be applied.

Hibidy the rex workaround is very valid. It's really easy to move around markers and make the perfect rex file.... i have converted files to rex files and had great success when i have made sure the markers are in appropriate spots.. and then it's very easy to apply groove. :)

I can see that.

hibidy wrote:I see money.........vanishing from the bank account so fast that we've finally proven faster-than-light travel.

But yeah, I was bummed that the groove cannot be applied.
Hhaahaa - I can feel the dark side pulling me away as I try to resist it.....

Ok, edit, I figured out how to use the dr octarex for recording parts. The groove is....interesting. Not sure if it can be used the way I was hoping. Oh well, back to work.

hibidy wrote:Ok, edit, I figured out how to use the dr octarex for recording parts. The groove is....interesting. Not sure if it can be used the way I was hoping. Oh well, back to work.
Yeah I was trying this too - it doesn't have the same sound as it would if it had warp markers (because of the stretching), but if we slice up the audio file properly, its worth a shot.

Still playing around with it, will play more tonight. I've got a couple of tunes going with guitar parts and bass parts so I'll futz with them. I'm having more luck just quantizing the audio to shuffle than trying to get those grooves right.

I'm having no luck. Even with the rex file in slices I can't get the groove to do a damn thing. So it's quantize to whatever I guess. For my guitar and bass parts it's fine I guess as I can get the parts close and then use the percentage of how much to quantize straight or shuffle. Ugggg, I wish there was a shuffle amount :x

hibidy wrote:I'm having no luck. Even with the rex file in slices I can't get the groove to do a damn thing. So it's quantize to whatever I guess. For my guitar and bass parts it's fine I guess as I can get the parts close and then use the percentage of how much to quantize straight or shuffle. Ugggg, I wish there was a shuffle amount :x

well you are doing something wrong. The groove is very powerful.

Perhaps a video tutorial would help in this case...

hang on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwkdlFPD7y4

try that one if not I will try to help you.

By the way hibidy don't forget to come to www.reasontalk.com where many of us can help.. there are users far more advanced than me there and they are ALL reason users ;)

Theo, you are rockin' it with the info as usual.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”