Convince me not to buy Omnisphere 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My latest big purchase was Cubase 7 and I haven't even used it for anything.

I have Maschine Studio, Ableton Live, Komplete and Stylus RMX.

Why would I ever need Omnisphere? Even if I do, I don't. So, convince me of that.

keyman_sam wrote:My latest big purchase was Cubase 7
Wow. You seriously deserve to buy yourself a present. Omnisphere is right in time ! :hihi:

"Convince me not to buy Omnisphere 2" ??? OK- If you buy Omnisphere 2 you will have 7 years of bad luck! Convinced? :lol:

quantum7 wrote:If you buy Omnisphere 2 you will have 7 years of bad luck!
...and become impotent.

Just download the demo, that should convince you to not buy it. :hihi:

look at how it hasn't grown hair on this guys head and tell me you want to take a chance with using it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF8SYLjl07g

Don't buy it, you'll sound unique without it.

apart of being expensive...

If you have Komplete, you don't need Omnisphere. You won't be able to explore both in your lifetime, yet alone make any use of them.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

We need a good number of people using other things just for variety. Don't buy it.

If you're a preset guy, go for it.

If you want exploration, the Reaktor on your Komplete is more than enough to tinker for years to come.
musisikamar.com

I've got a thing going on at the moment, that all I often need to do is modulate levels between a couple of vsti running the same midi sequence or progression to be honest layering pads, basses sequences or whatever is all that's needed to convey a stunning sound canvass, I keep forgetting to explore the lower parts of my keyboard for interesting drones and noisescapes in Absynth for example, because I'm using a 49 note keyboard, post it notes would probably open up a whole new world to me right now.

If your desperate to spend some bucks, you could always just buy some patches or of course spend a day or two making your own from Freesound samples and some savy programming.

DJ Warmonger wrote:If you have Komplete, you don't need Omnisphere. You won't be able to explore both in your lifetime, yet alone make any use of them.
Phew...thank you - this is the sort of advice that'll fight the GAS demons.

However, I was watching a youtube video which showed some choir presets (and it happens to be the exact patch from Juno-G that I absolutely love), and the temptation gets stronger. I keep thinking it's like the software equivalent of a modern hardware sound module (w.r.t. the quality of sounds).

budweiser wrote:
keyman_sam wrote:My latest big purchase was Cubase 7
Wow. You seriously deserve to buy yourself a present. Omnisphere is right in time ! :hihi:
:evil: Shut UP you :x :cry:

Rather buy Lush-101:
it has arp lock and layer lock too

Return to “Instruments”