Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

This freeze issue on OS X is worrying. Another user also reported it. I have used RC on OS X 10.10 but so far I have not seen this problem. In the next days more testing and code cleanup will be done on OS X, hopefully with a positive result. Thank you for reporting it!
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hello Attila

Using the last version 2.82:
  1. I select several contiguous phrases
  2. I open the phrase inspector
  3. I add the variation "Join notes"
It applies only to the first phrases selected. Shouldn't it apply to all the selected phrases?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Hello BlackWinny,

yes, this is the way it works now. Maybe it would make more sense to display the common variations, and when adding one, all phrases should be affected. Until this is implemented, please use this workaround: select the phrases, and click on "Join Notes" in the Variation Browser: "Join Notes" will be applied to all selected phrases.

Here is a cute little bug:

Steps to reproduce:
1) Select a phrase in the Phrase Browser
2) Right-click to open the preview pop-up
3) Check the show scale checkbox
4) Check the scales degree checkbox
5) Click a phrase in the Phrase Browser to close the preview pop-up
6) Select another phrase in the Phrase Browser
7) Right-click to open the preview pop-up
8) Uncheck the show scale checkbox
--also--
9) Check the show scale checkbox
10) Check the scales degree checkbox
11) Uncheck the scales degree checkbox

A similar bug happens with the following steps:
1) Select a phrase in the Phrase Browser
2) Right-click to open the preview pop-up
3) Check the show scale checkbox
4) Check the scales degree checkbox
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

What's the link for 2.83? I'm getting a crash in Studio One when I try to load RC; can't find library folder or something like that.

tonedef71 wrote:Here is a cute little bug:
I could have sworn I had already replied to this. :(
This UI rendering bug is fixed in v2.83.
Thank you for the bug report!
Attila

amiracam wrote:Issue: Screen will freeze but playback works

Mac OX 10.10.1. latest Mac Mini model, 16gb ram
Hi amiracam,

the freeze issue on OS X is fixed now. I'll send you the download link of the update in e-mail.

Thanks!
Attila

Hello Attila,

I have a problem opening a composition I have made with the vst version (actual 2.8.3, DAW Mulab) in the standalone version for editing.

In Mulab evrything is fine, I can open it and edit on it. But as soon as I try to open it in the standalone version I get an error message "open error. invalid composition file" then a message appears "loading composition" but nothin happens anymore.

The composition file seems to be o.k. I can open it in the vst version again without problems. I tried to save it in the vst version with a new name, same problem.

I need to edit the file in the standalone version cause the vst version wont play composition parts (evrytime plays the composition as whole from the beginnening not matter where the timeline is activated) so it is impossible to edit parts.

Hope you can help, if you need anymore information or the file please ask, I will sent it to you.

Kind regards,

Richard

Do you have another DAW (a free version of another one for example) to test the load of this composition file from RC in another DAW than Mulab?

It is a good experiment to do just to see what happens in that case. With the two possible results ("it doesn't work either" or "it works correctly in the second DAW") it can be a clue for Attila to allow him to grasp easier the exact place to search in his source code...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Hello blackwinny,

good idea but a little too late :)

Now I am at work again, but will test it with Tracktion 5 this evening, good possibility to test if it will work there.

By the way, my workflow I have posted here was not that good that I thought. Cause of course I have to copy the VST I use from the mux to the racks to work with the midi that I drop on the tracks. And when I do this in the same project, and that was the idea behind it, playing the midi tracks will kill RC (and mulab goes down with it of course...) :( even when I turn the vst off.

So I will have to make a separate project without the vst mux. Opening two projects with the RC mux did not work in general, I think because for RC that will be two version open and that did not work in the moment I know.

O.k., will be back this evening with a tracktion test report,

Richard

Hello Richard,

I tried saving a file in the VST version and loading it in the standalone version and it worked. It should work, but please note that the instruments (VST Output channels) are lost and are converted to the default soundfont. Maybe it would be better to convert them to MIDI instrument to keep the channels.

Would it be possible for you to send me the composition file that does not load? Maybe this is a bug that you have discovered.

Thanks,
Attila

Hello Attila,

just send you the file. Testing in Tracktion will take some time cause I have to make a rack with RC/VST like the mux in Mulab.

Richard

:( No test, wont work at all, any try to get RC into any kind of rack in Tracktion immediately crashes RC in Tracktion (and after the bug report of course Tracktion as well). Have not tried that before, only as vst but that would really be horrible if you could not use RC in a rack in tracktion at all....Anyone else had any experience with Tracktion/Rack/RC ?

O.k., just to test the bug with vst/standalone I just put a RC Vst on the track and a Kontakt multi rack behind it. That worked. Then saved the composition under a new name, like in mulab, evrything is fine in Tracktion, as soon as I try to open it in Standalone, same thing:

"open error. invalid composition file"

So it had nothing to do with the DAW.

:x
o.k. thats it for tonight, totally p.... off :x Trying to open the structure editor in RC Vst in Tracktion. First blinking then...puff....there goes Tracktion. No there is something definitely wrong....

good night evrybody, me just going to sleep, dreaming of evrything working tomorrow (or at least something....)

Return to “MusicDevelopments”