Arpeggiater, MSEQ or Mod Mapper

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know it's an old boring tune but before I move into the sounds of the 80s I must conquer Baba O'Riley.

It's a Marimba Repeat function from an ancient House Organ and it's similar to an Arpeggiator but the repetition/speed of the notes seems to double when Townsend goes from eight notes to sixteenth notes.

What I have is not quite there as I must do a workaround to get close, but still no Cigars.

Has anyone here actually dialed in the function using a combination of the 3 mentioned in title of the thread..?

Thanks for any advice, consent or denial.

I like to play around with those changes, but i use LFO or MSEG for these.
You can set LFO rate or MSEG Loop to a controller (Modwheel) to achieve the speed change.

Another way to set 2 LFO one of them to 8th note, LFO2 to 16th and bring in the 16th with Modwheel assigned to
LFO 2 Amplitude. You can use the Arpeggiator instead of LFO1.

Mod Mapper is to fine tune the transition maybe.

Is that what you mean?

@Joseph: Yes, that's how I'd approach it too. I'd use MSEG (more control), and a mod mapper "to fine tune the transition" to 2 distinct states (8ths or 16ths) via Aftertouch.

@diaper@ky: AFAIK it wasn't a built-in 'marimba repeat' function, but processing through a synth.

Well gents I really appreciate this as I must create this to use with one hand and Zebra sure looks like the tool, I shall try and get it right.

I have many foot controllers to use but must admit the AFT.Pressure tip would be best as I have to pound out Piano with the free hand.

And both of you guys have made such fabulous presets, so thanks for the help and info on what Townsend used. I should have known the internet had the truth buried somewhere in the dozen articles on how it was done.

What kills me is the videos of folks who actually think they nailed it and embarrassed themselves by making such a video.

I'll see what I come up with.

Cheerz

:D

Hollo thanks so much for the Preset.

I added 2 x more VCF, 2 x Osc., an EG and another LFO and got the PWM working the way I needed.
Now I can play it easily with the right hand, and Pound out the Piano Octaves with the left.
Also since the licks go the entire tune with a quieter Bridge, I added an Expression to the Filters and can get real dynamic, then build back up to the Verses again.

This is a great way perform without having so much heavy ass analog gear.
It's only 1 x SE-1X and Solaris now.
Best purchase for Native since Kontakt.

Life Is Great..........

Glad i could help on some part, it's quite a challenge to get that tricky arpeggiated rhythm running and changing
real time :)

Yepp.
Was wondering about being able to Sync MSEGs and LFOs externally, meaning I use Bidule, not a massive 20 year old DAW, just the meat and potatoes, but I can send BPM/Clock to Zebra2s' Arpeggiator.
If MSEGs and LFOs could sync up that would be great.
Love to use an Arp. in a 2nd instance of Zebra@, leaving the Zebra HZ it's own Core.

??

Return to “u-he”