Film score vst

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With $200 to invest, you'd better be a fan of john carpenter than hans zimmer :wink: but if you're a student, cinesymphony light at $200 and if you use cubase, halion orchestra at $99 are both very good for the price...

http://www.jrrshop.com/ik-multimedia-total-studio-3 tota studio 3 includes the following and its on sale for $99

miroslav
sampletank 2.5 not the latest version but you can upgrade to it for less total expense this way
soniksynth
sampletron
samplemoog

PLUS Amplitube
T Racks
and CSR

dude this is a $1000 worth of stuff easily for $99

Now with the rest go buy synthmaster and spend a little to snag the banks that you like most. Its probably the single best bang for the buck synth out there. and on sale all the time. This way you have a perfect mix of samples and synths.

If you want better symphonic stuff also look into Garritan orchestral programs they are fairly low price compared to the top notch expensive stuff

I see you have kontakt so I would get projectsams orchestral essentials which I believe is what they call it.

yessongs wrote:http://www.jrrshop.com/ik-multimedia-total-studio-3 tota studio 3 includes the following and its on sale for $99

miroslav
sampletank 2.5 not the latest version but you can upgrade to it for less total expense this way
soniksynth
sampletron
samplemoog

PLUS Amplitube
T Racks
and CSR

dude this is a $1000 worth of stuff easily for $99
Another great deal!
Always look on the bright side of life

Wavestation, M1, Miroslav (used).

Boomglenn wrote:
Here some song i really like and i hope that the vst has something that sound almost like this:
That stuff that you're mentioning relies a lot on production technique.
You just have to be aware of the fact that it takes years of experience to get that sound, also if you have all the plug ins that are available.
Combining the right sounds, getting the frequencies right, getting the reverbs and effects right etc.

arkmabat wrote:Wavestation, M1, Miroslav (used).
Wavestation: Fantastic suggestion! Cheap, and has a ton of dramatic sounds!

yessongs wrote:http://www.jrrshop.com/ik-multimedia-total-studio-3 tota studio 3 includes the following and its on sale for $99

miroslav
soniksynth
sampletron
samplemoog

PLUS Amplitube
T Racks
and CSR
If your limit is 200$ this one should be on your list. Though Miroslav is 32bit only in this package this should not be a deal breaker for you. Agreed, Misroslav is a little bit dated as a product (was it early 90s when it first came out???) but it is a classic and has proven that it can do mostly anything you can imagine.

Then you will get tons of other samples (eg the Ethnic Stuff with nice Percussion and Windinstruments, a cinematic Samplepack...) you can use.

To make a long story short: I don´t think you will find that many samples for such a low price elsewhere. If you are starting out fresh this can be your fundament for future purchases.

Plus you get CSR64bit (four really great Lexicon Reverbs) and T Racks 3 Deluxe 64bit (Compressor, EQ, Limiter, Clipper etc) which sounds pretty awesome and some of the TRacks3 stuff is en par with Wave/UA/xx stuff.
Put that ProgEQ (aka Pultec) on your strings...that´s magic. SIlky top end with that one.

Amplitube3 64bit...well...one of the best Ampsim & Sounddesign plug ins around. If you are not a guitarist then use it for sound mangling.

If you buy this package you have still 100$ left. And no need for an ilok.

And if you later either upgrade to ST3 or buy some other really HQ Samplestuff like LA STrings you still have the rest of your plug ins that you can use. So its not a complete waste of money that you have spend.

So my recommendation: buy that offer and save the rest for something else.

Cheers
Sebastian
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

Halma wrote:
Or perhaps the IK bundle and the Best Service bundle mentioned earlier would probably be a pretty good start together. Further down the line, upgrade Kontakt Player from the Best Services bundle, and head to Sampleism for budget cinematic-oriented Kontakt libraries (eg the Unearthed stuff).
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Best Service Complete Orchestral Collection(Serial Download) 50% off $121 (inc %20 tax)

http://www.timespace.com/product/COC-12

===

I personally use VSL and several others, I have not used the above but with the price limitation, it seems a deal.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Halma wrote:
Or perhaps the IK bundle and the Best Service bundle mentioned earlier would probably be a pretty good start together. Further down the line, upgrade Kontakt Player from the Best Services bundle, and head to Sampleism for budget cinematic-oriented Kontakt libraries (eg the Unearthed stuff).
True. What I meant is that I find that IK bundle (I own it by myself and I am pretty satisfied with it) for that price a pretty good all in one package for people who are starting out and who don´t have anything else. I dunno if I would pay the regular price for it but for 100 bucks it was a no brainer for me (I bought it via Black Friday Sale 2013).

I don´t know the Best Service Bundle so I can´t comment on that one in particular.

I was thinking about recommending additionl synth stuff as well because the sample stuff would be covered via the IKM package - if the OP doesn´t mind 32bit software - like the xoxos VST package because Radian, Modal, Starcym2, Elderthing, Bong, Stoooner + float would rock for some cinematic sounddesign. And then XILS 3.2 LE for some slick 60s/70s scifi noise & experimental stuff. And the OP would still have some money left. :)
Underground Music Production: Sound Design, Machine Funk, High Tech Soul

whyterabbyt wrote:
Or perhaps the IK bundle and the Best Service bundle mentioned earlier would probably be a pretty good start together.
+1

PatchAdamz wrote:Best Service Complete Orchestral Collection(Serial Download) 50% off $121 (inc %20 tax)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kriminal wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:Best Service Complete Orchestral Collection(Serial Download) 50% off $121 (inc %20 tax)

The correct link is in Trekstar's earlier post.

http://www.timespace.com/product/COC-12 ... ad%29.html
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Get something of good quality. It can be done for around 200. Look out for something like Orchestral Essentials maybe, which I bought used for just over 200. Or like someone else suggested, Cinesymphony light is a great quality and a great deal with a bit of everything. That's probably what I would suggest actually.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Get something of good quality. It can be done for around 200. Look out for something like Orchestral Essentials maybe, which I bought used for just over 200. Or like someone else suggested, Cinesymphony light is a great quality and a great deal with a bit of everything. That's probably what I would suggest actually.
Do they work with the free Kontakt player? Cause Kontakt alone would cost more than 200.

Return to “Instruments”