Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

ack ack! (code for "poor camel" )

mhog wrote: Well, actually 99% of CA users are "angry" (as in "facepalm"). 1% (or even less) are trying to "defend them"?
I don't think even 0.001% of CA users have posted in this thread yet.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Welcome to the "because software" excuse. The whole industry has successfully managed to evade any regulation by consumer protection laws "because software is different". No warranties. No fitness for particular purpose. Contracts that aren't signed or agreed to in any sense of traditional legal way.
I think most people here are quite naive about the world of software. Audio software is probably the only software apart from an OS, maybe Office, and some apps they ever buy a licence for, and never read the licence agreement to understand what they are paying for and not paying for.

Audio software is a pretty amazing deal compared to the software I use at work, which is about £2000 to £13,000 per licence, depending on the level of basic functionality desired. Extensions for additional functionality are mostly about £1000 - £5000 per licence. They are very good at making sure you'll need at least one or two extensions to get the functionality you'll need from the software.

Even at this cost, which is actually amongst the cheapest software the company uses outside Orifice, there is no support or maintenance. Support and maintenance are an additional £750 or so per year per licence. The major updates are basically beta versions and we usually have to wait for the first service pack or major point update to use in a commercial environment without undue risk.

Hunter wrote:I think most people here are quite naive about the world of software.
I think you just proved that............. :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

There is a difference between legal responsibility and moral responsibility.

I can't believe we can't just get the answer here. Really, nobody knows what happened??? Geez.

Loop back to page 1.

DHR53 wrote:I can't believe we can't just get the answer here. Really, nobody knows what happened??? Geez.
Rumor 1 - bought out by Apple
Rumor 2 - VAT issues which hurt small developers.

I can't believe you guys are still posting in this thread...

crawlingwind wrote:I can't believe you guys are still posting in this thread...
Who cares?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

crawlingwind wrote:I can't believe you guys are still posting in this thread...

So, the final sale for my Alchemy libs is on.

Return to “Instruments”