Easy Template Setup Guide

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SO this is just a workaround for getting user templates set up. using Bitwig 1.1.5

1) Open bitwig, set up your template (set up track color groupings, bpm, master track chain etc.etc.)
2) Specify a name for the template and save it, i saved mine to my Bitwig Projects folder in My Documents.
3) Go find that template project you just saved, right-click on it and go "Send To -> Desktop (create shortcut)"
4) Now go and find that shortcut on the desktop and rename it to Bitwig Studio, delete the old shortcut first.
5) Your favorite template should open each time so you dont have to do all the setting up each time.

ps. only drawback is if you start working on something from the template and accidentally hit "save" instead of "save as" your template will be overwritten. so watch out for that.

i find this saves me time, hope it does for you too. :)

Thanks for this

It would be great if BW could incorporate templates as 'pre-sets' as I suspect many of us have our basic set ups that we always start with such as reverb and delay in sends etc, or set ups with external effects and instrument containers preloaded and assigned to tracks/sends.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Astucious... And logical, nice !

victap8 wrote: ps. only drawback is if you start working on something from the template and accidentally hit "save" instead of "save as" your template will be overwritten. so watch out for that.
I already used that workaround before but I stop using it since that post-scriptum is something that happen too often! Even if I had a duplicate of my template that's annoying.

Thank you for this.

It would be nice if we could create a .bwproject file, and change the file's attributes to read-only. When you try to save it, BWS would be forced to give you the Save-As dialog box.

Unfortunately, BWS doesn't honor the read-only attribute. Instead, BWS removes it when you save the project, which is a strange thing to do.

Anyone know why?

can't put shortcut in taskbar (win 8.1), need help plz,

edit : nvm, http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.140

pin to 8 do it,
night life...
sry but i can't talk alone.

Hmm nice idea..
but remember when you load a "default" project, and bounce back and forth, and you save it as a new project., all your bounces will be in you default project folder. So it can get big in matter of MB or GB,s (not that of a problem these days :D )

So you need to save it as new project.. load it in again and then you can collect and save.
And after that you can delete those bounces out of your default folder?
Or is there another way around? :oops:

how to remove/delete a template?

Thanks!!!

Return to “Bitwig”