Looking for unencrypted Sound Library

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I am looking for a library similar to GPO4, but whose samples are unencrypted. I've only found sonivox so far, and I was looking to see if there were other options. I want them to be good quality, but not huge (i.e. GPO4 is only like 1GB vs 25). I'd like it to be a full orchestra library or something like that. Does anything come to mind?

Thanks!

There is a bunch of free samples available (http://bigcatinstruments.blogspot.com/ is an easy starting point), but the all commercial libraries that I know of are in proprietary format. Why do you want them "unencrypted", and what do you precisely mean by that?

Well, pretty much anything that doesn't use a proprietary player (e.g. not ARIA or Sibelius Player, but something like KONTAKT or giga). There are plenty of sound libraries that use those, but I have a hard time finding some that have a large selection of orchestral instruments.

Kontakt has encryption as well. If you get e.g. CineSamples or 8dio stuff, it's not encrypted in the exact sense of the word, but it is encoded in Kontakt's own format, which makes it unreadable by other programs. Apart from being encoded, Kontakt Player libraries are encrypted as well: they won't play without the unlock code. But if you're looking for orchestral samples in wav format, there's nothing I know of, apart from the free stuff (Sonatina in particular).

I know they're encoded, but I can convert them. Sonatina seems pretty interesting.

If you know how to convert ncw's, there must be quite a few: e.g. Sonokinetic's stuff is editable in Kontakt. I could save one of DaCapo's patches as a set of wav files. Mind you, there are an awful lot of them: even the Lite Strings patch contains over 2000 samples. Spitfire's Mural library can also be resaved as .wav. Those two are the only ones I have (apart from a Play library, which is clearly not what you're looking for), but I'm guessing that many, if not all, of the non-Kontakt Player libraries can be resaved. But why?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”