Shattered Glass Audio releases SGA1566 - free, circuit simulation powered preamp plug-in

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SGA1566 SGA1566 MkII

Is it true this plugin does a really nice brickwall softclip? Or maybe it was another plugin I was seeing.

I finally went to download this plugin (it's been on my list of things to do for a long time) but when I tried to navigate to the download page I got this message from my antivirus software:

Dangerous Page

Trend Micro has confirmed that this website can transmit malicious software or has been involved in online scams or fraud

Don't use shitty antivir which expect that every site with an exe-file transmit malicious software.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Paulnz wrote:I finally went to download this plugin (it's been on my list of things to do for a long time) but when I tried to navigate to the download page I got this message from my antivirus software:

Dangerous Page

Trend Micro has confirmed that this website can transmit malicious software or has been involved in online scams or fraud
Totally untrue. Shattered Glass Audio does nothing of the kind.

Hm, very strange little plugin.
The further I turn Oversampling up, the more the Gain gets "fuzzy", and really quickly.

Ran a kick drum through it and turnd the Gain up "one dot", not more.
1x Oversampling gives it some clean drive.
Switching to 2x Oversampling introduces some sort of well audible grit.
At 4x Oversampling the tail of the drum is drowning in dirt, basically unusable.

Switching down to Low CPU in 4x oversampling will make it sound slightly coarse, but similar to High CPU.
Using Low CPU setting with 1x oversampling gives a very different result from High CPU mode.
Especially when using the High EQ.

Strangely, turning up Low EQ will rob my kick drum of all its low-end punch and turn it into a muddy mess.
Will have to see if it works better on other material such as vocals or guitars.

4x Oversampling in Stereo and High CPU mode with all controls boosted used slightly over 10% CPU total on my i7 4770 machine. 2x Oversampling with mono and Low CPU mode was around 0.5-1% CPU per instance.

The VST2 is usable in 64-bit on my Mac, but the AU only shows up as x86. Intended or a bug?
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

chokehold wrote:Hm, very strange little plugin.
The further I turn Oversampling up, the more the Gain gets "fuzzy", and really quickly.

At 4x Oversampling the tail of the drum is drowning in dirt, basically unusable.

Switching down to Low CPU in 4x oversampling will make it sound slightly coarse, but similar to High CPU.
Using Low CPU setting with 1x oversampling gives a very different result from High CPU mode.

Strangely, turning up Low EQ will rob my kick drum of all its low-end punch and turn it into a muddy mess.
Will have to see if it works better on other material such as vocals or guitars.

4x Oversampling in Stereo and High CPU mode with all controls boosted used slightly over 10% CPU total on my i7 4770 machine. 2x Oversampling with mono and Low CPU mode was around 0.5-1% CPU per instance.

The VST2 is usable in 64-bit on my Mac, but the AU only shows up as x86. Intended or a bug?
We don't know of anyone who has experienced such strange behavior. If the plug-in was as unusable/buggy as you suggest we would have already heard about it and there would have been reports of it on this and other forums. Please, check your system.

SGA wrote:
Paulnz wrote:I finally went to download this plugin (it's been on my list of things to do for a long time) but when I tried to navigate to the download page I got this message from my antivirus software:

Dangerous Page

Totally untrue. Shattered Glass Audio does nothing of the kind.
Thank; I've reported the error to Trend Micro

"We don't know of anyone who has experienced such strange behavior. If the plug-in was as unusable/buggy as you suggest we would have already heard about it and there would have been reports of it on this and other forums. Please, check your system."

Wow, what a response. You are getting feedback here, SGA. I don't think that's the way i'd treat potential customers.
no sig

loopdon wrote:Wow, what a response. You are getting feedback here, SGA. I don't think that's the way i'd treat potential customers.
There was nothing disrespectful in our original response.
All the response said was that after our testing and months of use by thousands of users you are the only one, that we know of, who is experiencing such strange behavior. Based on that, it is highly unlikely that the issue is with the plug-in. Please, check your system.

SGA wrote:
chokehold wrote:Hm, very strange little plugin.

We don't know of anyone who has experienced such strange behavior. If the plug-in was as unusable/buggy as you suggest we would have already heard about it and there would have been reports of it on this and other forums. Please, check your system.
Page four, here in this topic :
SGA wrote:
Tp3 wrote: default mode sounds like entirely different plug (I'm being gentle here)
That's odd because we didn't change the Low CPU computations at all.
jrides wrote:HQ sounds gooey. CPU is fine for this plug.

Thank you!
Please, check your system, SGA :wink:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

zeep wrote:I hate to be asking this but can you please add a dll download?
I really want to test this plugin but i prefer no installers.
Keep deleting random files from within your program files and see what happens. If you are unaware of these consequences it seems to me that the "no installer pref" is just something to whine about with no real merit.
There ya have it...

Deleted the plugin. Won't bother you anymore, sorry to have taken up your time.
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

@Tp3
same page 4
Tp3 wrote:
SGA wrote:
Tp3 wrote: default more sounds like entirely different plug (I'm being gentle here)
That's odd because we didn't change the Low CPU computations at all.
I'm sorry, I don't know how and why, but on Cantabile... sound HAD changed upon switching. but not any more <scratches head>
It must have been problematic interaction.

I'll keep you posted (in private) if another problem arises.
Why not quote the last relevant message in the exchange? :)

@Ultrasonic
All you have to delete is SGA1566.dll. The installer is there so that you can accept the license and to create uninstall. SGA1566 uninstall completely removes it from the system.

chokehold wrote:Deleted the plugin. Won't bother you anymore, sorry to have taken up your time.
I am really sorry you had bad experience with SGA1566.

I never suggested the bad experience I had was with the plugin.

Return to “Effects”