Padshop PRO, Lopping options? Timestretching?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What a find.. non-Pro Padshop is included in Cubase (Artist) .. ended up playing with it as a result of this thread. Now I'm wondering why I never really messed with it..

I see the Pro version is a 10 dollar upgrade that allows mainly for sample import.. looks like that might be worth it.

Hope you get an answer to your question, Caine.

VitaminD wrote:What a find.. non-Pro Padshop is included in Cubase (Artist) .. ended up playing with it as a result of this thread. Now I'm wondering why I never really messed with it..

I see the Pro version is a 10 dollar upgrade that allows mainly for sample import.. looks like that might be worth it.

Hope you get an answer to your question, Caine.
i think i really need to re-try cubase after so many years again, i still use fl studio ;(, cause i read that cubase handles samples and cpu efficiency much better!

DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
Caine123 wrote:demoing again padshop pro after steinberg gave me a new trial license (THANKS!) as i didnt spend much time in the past and couldnt remember it. now after having experiences with alchemy (RIP?), Granite etc. i am looking for options i couldnt find :(

1. i set the LFO 1 as source and set the GRAIN Speed then as destination but it doesnt get timestretched :(
You overkill the task, no need a LFO for timestretching (unless that's really what you're looking for). As Sampleconstruct mentioned, as soon as the speed is below 100%, IT IS timestretching. Simple as that. Lower the speed is, longer the timestretch is. I don't understand why you're struggling with it honestly :shrug:
sorry i totally misused the word timestretching. i meant the playback looped when holding a key. in alchemy i just set the position and add a LFO to it and change the playback speed with the different sync rates of course and set it to trigger! it doesnt matter which key i push it plays the same speed. here is a demonstration (sadly i dunno a software to record with sound and upload :()

http://screencast.com/t/InGaU3pUI6

in padshop pro i must have set something wrong of course, cause it doesnt play forward and backward + it changes the playback speed for different keys pressed. i dont get it how to reproduce my preset in alchemy (like in the vid) in padshop pro.

i really appreciate the help you guys give! not that you think the other way :tu:
I'll do a special Caine123-video soon, hopefully ending your granular confusion :)

Padshop Pro is a great Granular Synth.

I would love to see Steinberg develop PadShop Pro 2 with multisample import, and much more !

By the way, Halion 5 can do this, but it would be nice if PadShop Pro 2 would offer this, since it focuses on Granular Syntesis.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

I don't think that will happen, that's why they implemented an advanced version of PSP into HALion 5, so that one can use multisampled instruments with round robin and velocity layers in the granular engine, with a different granular setting per zone if desired and all controllable via Macros and other controllers.

Caine123 wrote:
it changes the playback speed for different keys pressed. i dont get it how to reproduce my preset in alchemy (like in the vid) in padshop pro.
That is controlled with the Key F parameter.

Neon Breath wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
it changes the playback speed for different keys pressed. i dont get it how to reproduce my preset in alchemy (like in the vid) in padshop pro.
That's not working for me. It doesn't matter what Key F is set to, the sample always plays back slower the lower I play below root, and faster when I play above. I'd like a way to lock it to the tempo of the original sample.

Should that be possible?

barryfell wrote:Quick question, when I load in a loop and hold a note, there is volume modulation present I can't work out how to turn off.

Example:
2 bar loop sample imported
Root set
Speed set to 100%
Duration let to 1000
All other settings as init

The sample loops fine but it always fades out then in half way through. Changing the 'shape' parameter makes a difference, but there is still a fade out and in mid way through the loop.

Changing the filter and amp envelopes don't have any effect on it.

Any ideas?

I want to use this as a basic sampler as well as for its granular features so need to work out how to just play basic samples and loops with it without unwanted volume modulation.
Can anyone help me with this please?

Here's a screenshot of my settings as noted above if anyone can see where the problem lies:

Changing the speed and/or Key F actually makes no difference to playback in this scenario.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
Caine123 wrote:demoing again padshop pro after steinberg gave me a new trial license (THANKS!) as i didnt spend much time in the past and couldnt remember it. now after having experiences with alchemy (RIP?), Granite etc. i am looking for options i couldnt find :(

1. i set the LFO 1 as source and set the GRAIN Speed then as destination but it doesnt get timestretched :(
You overkill the task, no need a LFO for timestretching (unless that's really what you're looking for). As Sampleconstruct mentioned, as soon as the speed is below 100%, IT IS timestretching. Simple as that. Lower the speed is, longer the timestretch is. I don't understand why you're struggling with it honestly :shrug:
sorry i totally misused the word timestretching. i meant the playback looped when holding a key. in alchemy i just set the position and add a LFO to it and change the playback speed with the different sync rates of course and set it to trigger! it doesnt matter which key i push it plays the same speed. here is a demonstration (sadly i dunno a software to record with sound and upload :()

http://screencast.com/t/InGaU3pUI6

in padshop pro i must have set something wrong of course, cause it doesnt play forward and backward + it changes the playback speed for different keys pressed. i dont get it how to reproduce my preset in alchemy (like in the vid) in padshop pro.

i really appreciate the help you guys give! not that you think the other way :tu:
I'll do a special Caine123-video soon, hopefully ending your granular confusion :)
i appreciate it a lot and hope padshop pro will make me happy hahaha, cause im always out for new granular synths!
i love alchemy but i dont like the non-existent-visualdisplay, you always have to switch etc. and padshop pro looks really nice :)!
Neon Breath wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
am not at the pc now to check the possible settings out but this would be bad, i want the whole keyboard notes used of course :).
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

barryfell wrote:
barryfell wrote:Quick question, when I load in a loop and hold a note, there is volume modulation present I can't work out how to turn off.

Example:
2 bar loop sample imported
Root set
Speed set to 100%
Duration let to 1000
All other settings as init

The sample loops fine but it always fades out then in half way through. Changing the 'shape' parameter makes a difference, but there is still a fade out and in mid way through the loop.

Changing the filter and amp envelopes don't have any effect on it.

Any ideas?

I want to use this as a basic sampler as well as for its granular features so need to work out how to just play basic samples and loops with it without unwanted volume modulation.
Can anyone help me with this please?

Here's a screenshot of my settings as noted above if anyone can see where the problem lies:

Changing the speed and/or Key F actually makes no difference to playback in this scenario.
It's OK i've solved the issue. I had to use 2 grains rather than 1, and set grain time to 1.

barryfell wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
That's not working for me. It doesn't matter what Key F is set to, the sample always plays back slower the lower I play below root, and faster when I play above. I'd like a way to lock it to the tempo of the original sample.

Should that be possible?
Ignore that, i've tried different settings and now it works. (2 grains rather than 1, and duration at 1 rather than 1000)

barryfell wrote:
barryfell wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
Caine123 wrote:

Should that be possible?
Ignore that, i've tried different settings and now it works. (2 grains rather than 1, and duration at 1 rather than 1000)
:tu:

just playing with it more and i find it a bit stranger compared to alchemy which is more accesible for the simple stuff i wanna do.

1. i didnt find different looping playback option (fwd/bckw or the other way round)
2. i still got clicking when pressing a not EVEN i raised the ATTACK all the way up.

i uploaded a simple preset :(

hope someone can help me :D

https://copy.com/DNy72lwCi987KFFl

just wanted to create a simple preset with
- looped region
- synced to lfo
- starting at loop start at each key note press

Caine123 wrote:just playing with it more and i find it a bit stranger compared to alchemy which is more accesible for the simple stuff i wanna do.

1. i didnt find different looping playback option (fwd/bckw or the other way round)
2. i still got clicking when pressing a not EVEN i raised the ATTACK all the way up.

- looped region
- synced to lfo
Here's my basic time synced loop preset if it's any use: http://1drv.ms/19nHniB

Change speed to -100% to play backwards.
Change duration to 1000 to remove timing sync.

I'm not sure if there is a way to play backwards then forwards or vice versa, but there is no clicking on key press on the attached preset.

barryfell wrote:
Caine123 wrote:just playing with it more and i find it a bit stranger compared to alchemy which is more accesible for the simple stuff i wanna do.

- looped region
- synced to lfo
Here's my basic time synced loop preset if it's any use: http://1drv.ms/19nHniB

Change speed to -100% to play backwards.
Change duration to 1000 to remove timing sync.

I'm not sure if there is a way to play backwards then forwards or vice versa, but there is no clicking on key press on the attached preset.
thanks a lot! i will check it out asap! still didnt get an answer from steinberg or on their forums about the looping :(

i still cannot figure out why padshop cannot? re-create a simple preset i made in alchemy, somehow it just doesnt work..........

Return to “Instruments”