Drumdrops! How did I not know?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes I like the NI 70s tight kit because I find there is too much room baked into the others and I like a dry sound sometimes. It still lacks a little character comparatively though. And Studio Drummer doesn't get any use at all, too polished and sterile for me. But I'm similar to you in that I like a bit of grit and character.

Just thought I'd mention I also bought the Kontakt pack for the Yamaha Hybrid Kit because it's only $7.55 at the moment.
I wasn't expecting much because it's more of a pop/rock kit (which isn't my thing so much) but it's actually really useful too!

After a little fiddling I was able to get a nice snappy ambient sound similar to the band Elbow. Can highly recommend this set as well.

beeny wrote:Drumdrops! How did I not know?
Some of us have been buying their products (eg, Drum Drops in Dub) since 2010 :P
:love:

Aside from the wonderful kits already mentioned, the Rogers Big R Dub Kit and the great Drum Drops in Dub loops are really great for anyone with a penchant for 1970s dub sounds (like me).

Darn, the secret is out...

Big up.

Not only are their products fantastic, their support is too.

Just had trouble installing one of their Kontakt libraries over the weekend. I contacted them for support, and Nick got back to me within a few hours. Turned out the problem was down to user error, but Nick was courteous and professional, and helped me sort out the problem almost immediately.

Awesome company.

How would you say the DrumDrops Kit compares to the Free PLUTONIC 1965 LUDWIG SUPER CLASSIC DRUMS FOR NI KONTAKT & MASCHINE?

http://plutoniclab.com/pl/?page_id=13

Note: The guy looks legit', and the kit has been up for a long time, so I am assuming that this link is legal. If not, I'll remove it asap.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I actually have that Plutonic kit- don't remember downloading it, but it's on my hard drive.
It's great for a free kit, quite dry and punchy. But it doesn't have the same sample detail and can get a bit machine gun-ish in use.

Could be useful if the drums aren't to exposed in the mix.

Doesn't stack up to the Drumdrops kit but still a generous freebie.

I admit I'd never heard of these. That Gretsch kit sounds really nice. I'm already 80% done with a new album and will probably stick with SSD4 for the rest of this one, but I'll have to bear these in mind for the next one, as I'll be looking to change up the sound.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

No one I've spoken to knew of them either. Amazing considering the quality! That was the main reason I started this thread. Sometimes these smaller companies get lost in the crowd even though their product is better than their well funded competitors.
I like the look of the libraries to come and I don't want them to stop developing due to lack of sales and piracy (which apparently has been an issue for them recently).
It's a week and a half since I bought that Ludwig Kit and I still can't leave it alone!

bluedad wrote:drumdrops, I remember them from late 80's early 90's; drum tracks on cd I believe..
BWWWAAAA! That's so funny... I was just listening to a drumdrops cassette like a month ago! Found it buried in an old box from my childhood... Vol 5. (c)1980...

Content so good I couldn't throw it away! :lol:
You need to limit that rez, bro.

bluedad wrote:drumdrops, I remember them from late 80's early 90's; drum tracks on cd I believe..
Um...Vinyl actually. I used them as the first recorded track on my old Tascam 4 track recordings. The record I had consisted of a bunch of 3:30 "songs" with just the drum track. Each had the usual pop format: Intro, Verse, verse, pre-chorus, Chorus, Verse...etc.

Those were the days...

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I finally scraped up the funds to buy the Gretsch kit. Wow!

This is pretty amazing stuff. Anyone looking for vintage character need look no further.
It's going to be a few days before I can take it for a proper spin and those days will be painful.

I just scrolled through some mix presets and mashed a few keys. Amazing.

I've bought 3 kits from this company now and would confidently recommend anything they release.

They had a limted offer on the BFD version of the Round badge kit (Gretsch) just this week (I missed out because I'm travelling) but they piqued my interest & the demos sound really good. I'll be checking them out more when I am back home.

don1thedon wrote:They had a limted offer on the BFD version of the Round badge kit (Gretsch) just this week (I missed out because I'm travelling) but they piqued my interest & the demos sound really good. I'll be checking them out more when I am back home.
Yes that offer was painful for me- I don't have BFD.
Get the kit, you won't regret it. Very special.

Drum Drops are affordable, excellent quality sample libraries that will enhance any project you're working on. Can't recommend them enough.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”