Alternatives, alternatives, alternatives (for Alchemy)

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

afcollett wrote:It's really a little sad MachFive 3 is so ignored. I suppose the ilok no demo thing just puts people off. The price is reduced considerably with the cross grade offer.

After returning to producing ITB after a 5 year absence, it was no question for me personally, so deep yet intuitive. My mind boggles with possibilities.

Stability is excellent here with Logic Pro X.

I hope I'm wrong but I feel there may be no V4.

Apart from Simons demo's there is not a single piece of decent media demonstrating the potential of this instrument.
I think MachFive will live for a long time to come, it's such a deep instrument, it's worth developing further. :wink:

I'm working with Mach V 3.2.1 this weekend, I got bit by a crazy urge to get a B3 organ sims, and found UVI's Retro Organ which I now own, and then I have the JBass and the Telemetric guitars that came with the Mach V package, as well as supplemented with 3 other libraries Drum Taste Brush, Drum Taste Jazz (just bought) and Apian. So with all these very high quality sounds that came relatively cheap I have what I need to explore a myriad of Jazzy moods while I work on getting a more fluid grasp of Harmony+ Structure and so on. Not to mention get my playing chops and rhythmic sense tuned up..

The Mach V soundsets offered on Patchpool are huge resources, Scattered Entity and Ambient strings, highly recommended here..Actually I bought Mach V just so I could be on board for these releases.. but no regrets Simon has impeccable insight and taste in sound making tools!

I think this will also the platform I'll use when I really get down to learning to program my own sounds, that and Iris, Padshop Pro, and Serum..Later might delve into modular madness with Bazille and retro with Diva. whew..

But really the top of the generalist heap is Mach V...

Would be cool if someone would release a mid level Symphonic set for the platform.. There is some very tasty stuff in the Patchpool that can be used for Symphonic excursions!

I have Halion Symphonic so that will do for now, but I'd like to soon pair down the number of sound plugs I need in my productions mostly for the sake of my sanity, and archival updating reasons..
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

A bit off topic, but have you played around with Tonecarver Boids any, Simon? I just ran across it by accident. It doesn't look so pretty, but is free, 64 bit, and just might be a bit of fun.
https://tonecarver.wordpress.com/boids/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbgZloBA1qw

Greg Houston wrote:A bit off topic, but have you played around with Tonecarver Boids any, Simon? I just ran across it by accident. It doesn't look so pretty, but is free, 64 bit, and just might be a bit of fun.
https://tonecarver.wordpress.com/boids/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbgZloBA1qw
Woaaa, that GUI is out there :)

At this point, for which sample/hybrid instrument do you foresee creating the most content? I see that HALion is "winning" as the most current (or is Kontakt because of more libraries?), but what does the future hold for patchpool?

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

MachFive, Halion, Serum, Kaleidoscope, Iris, Kontakt and SoundPacks will be my main platforms in the foreseeable future, plus anything else that might be fascinating me in the foreseeable future. I am currently sampling so much new stuff, that new sample pool will make for numerous fresh releases and mixing acoustic and electronic sources in hybrid instruments is my genre, now more than ever.

Actually Halion is only catching up right now as MachFive already has two patchpool libs.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Greg Houston wrote:Cycle looks pretty. I keep staring at his web page wishing I had some extra cash.

Other than being in dire need of a workflow update, what is Absynth missing?
Absynth does not support multisampling and it's granular engine is so dated and basic that I can't stand using it anymore.
Yeah, it is long in the tooth compared to what we have these days. Shame. NI seems to be in love with creating content for Maschine and making Reaktor based instruments. They haven't shown love for one of their synth VSTs for a long time. I know that I won't update Komplete until they do a full version update for Absynth.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Greg Houston wrote:Cycle looks pretty. I keep staring at his web page wishing I had some extra cash.

Other than being in dire need of a workflow update, what is Absynth missing?
Absynth does not support multisampling and it's granular engine is so dated and basic that I can't stand using it anymore.
Yeah, it is long in the tooth compared to what we have these days. Shame. NI seems to be in love with creating content for Maschine and making Reaktor based instruments. They haven't shown love for one of their synth VSTs for a long time. I know that I won't update Komplete until they do a full version update for Absynth.
Well, they could invest some time and money improving the granular engine in Reaktor, as it is now it does not deliver smooth grain streams at all and most of the granular synths in Reaktor produce clicks and bad artifacts, including the granular FX modules in Molekular which have only been released last year.

Return to “patchpool”