Air Instrument Expansion Pack Updates and Trial Versions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Instrument Expansion Pack 2 (AVID EXCLUSIVE)

I haven't had any emails yet about these updates to Loom and Hybrid, should I have?

Musical Gym wrote:Thanks, yes, Hybrid-3.0.0 installer; the authorizer says Hybrid 2 when you open it and the manual is AIR Hybrid 2.0 - User Guide.pdf.
Unlock code is Hybrid 3.0 - PC Unlock Code.
Just to be sure, the installation files are:
Hybrid(3).exe size is 111,265 kb
Hybrid(2).exe size is 111,719 kb

Can you compare to yours?

aMUSEd wrote:I haven't had any emails yet about these updates to Loom and Hybrid, should I have?
I have not heard anything either. Also waiting on Circle 2 beta email.

EnGee wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Thanks, yes, Hybrid-3.0.0 installer; the authorizer says Hybrid 2 when you open it and the manual is AIR Hybrid 2.0 - User Guide.pdf.
Unlock code is Hybrid 3.0 - PC Unlock Code.
Just to be sure, the installation files are:
Hybrid(3).exe size is 111,265 kb
Hybrid(2).exe size is 111,719 kb

Can you compare to yours?
Yes, that looks correct. I think I might try installing Hybrid3 again; I thought that's what I did, but maybe I installed Hybrid2. Actually, both installers are called Hybrid.exe, but one is in a Hybrid 3 folder and the other is in a Hybrid folder.

Edit: Thanks very much Engee. I think initially I had installed Hybrid 2 since when it was extracted it got that date which was newer than the exe for Hybrid 3. Why they include two Hybrid.exe files is beyond me, but the initial authorizer was taking me to a Hybrid authorization screen/page where I was inputting the Hybrid3 code. The newer installation of Hybrid 3 took me to a Hybrid 3 authorization page where my code worked.
All plugs authorized; just waiting to hear from Simon about Xpand!2 now.
Also, I need to figure out why Studio One doesn't see any of the pack. Thankfully, Reaper does, so at least I can play with them in Reaper.
Thanks again, uda mann!!

Guys, my problem is not exactly with AIEP, but looking for a solution on the forum I found the latest posts on here and I am thinking someone might be able to give me a piece of advice...

So it happenes that three days ago I bought the M-audio Keystation 61 which comes with Xpand2. After registration with M-audio, I received the links to download Xpand2 and 88Ensemble, which are bundled. I dowloaded the archive just fine then extracted the installer. When running it, it will start the process, but after a while it stops and rolls back, a message of fatal error comes up and nothing happens.

Reading around, it seemed that I have to install the Pace Ilok before (which was not mention anywhere!!!) as I did not have it installed on my system.
I did download the latest iLock manager, made an account with them,, install in on my computer. Tried again to install Xpand2, all the same, with the same final error.

I tried reinstalling things, but I tell you, all this process is such a headache that is unbelievable!

Am I the only one to have these problesms?! I did not uise iLok before, never and I did not intend to, but Ițd really like to use the Xpand2.

So, right now, I can not install it. I red about problems with authorizing, or with opening or with lost vst plugins... But it seems I can not even install the bastard. It drives me crazy! And the lack of any clear procedure for newbies like me that have never worked with iLok I find absolutely crazy! Is not like everyone used it before!!!

So, do you have any ideas? I wrote to various people and support, but probably because of the week end no one replied.

Thanks,
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

24MTS,

Your trouble does not sound like a Pace issue. It sounds like something is corrupt, permissions are not granted (are you on Windows, and did you try Running as Administrator?), or it does not like where you are trying to install it (default location?).

If you are on Windows, I would try Running as Administrator. Do not change the default location. And just for fun, check your disc space.

More info and I am sure someone here could help you more.

Jon

Jon, thank you for replying.

Yes, I forgot to mention - I am on Win 7 Home Premium, enough space and power for it, i5-2400, 6 gb ram, I am running as Admin.

I guess I am most frustrated with the fact that there is no clear set of instruction from Air on how to install, as it is obvious many user that never used iLok before will want to install, particularly with the opening now toward non-Pro Tools market. I am no novice with the computers, but iLok for one thing is something new to me, as I avoided it before and did not need it, simple as that.

So I guess I will wait for someone to guide me through this amazing maze...
------------

I installed the AIEP and XPand!2 without any iLok as far as I know. The installers do install the PACE drivers for each and every plugin, though, which is a bit annoying. I don't know if they installed 8 sets of drivers or overwrote them each time.
I do have a soft iLok account which doesn't require a physical key/dongle; I don't know if that was recognized by the installer or not.
The installers don't let you choose just vst 64 bit or 32 bit; it just installs all available types of the plugin whether your system can use them or not.
My unlock code problem mentioned above was due to there being two Hybrid.exe files to choose from. I happened to choose the one that is made available for legacy Pro Tools, which I do not have. I finally reinstalled using the other Hybrid.exe file and it installed Hybrid 3; then my code worked.
I was a bit confused when the authorization process took me to a Sonivox Air site for authorization. I know they have a lot of brands under the inMusicBrands umbrella, but I would have expected the Air authorization site to just be for Air. Users can be picky!!
Hang in there; hopefully the software is worth the headaches.

Musical Gym wrote:Thanks, I'm trying to decipher now what I should do since it's 12 pages long.
I registered AIEP; didn't know about that or how to do it;
I got a registration confirmation but no license codes; only a complimentary Support code telling me I have to pay for more support codes after I use the initial code. What the ...??!!!
Still no help from Simon...
Where do I find my license codes?
I did not receive this after registration:>>>"You get the proper codes, called "Digital Rights" from an email sent to you after you do the registration procedure as indicated above."<<<
I need to find out where in the heck to get these now. I'm not paying for installation support.
I believe your issues are now resolved, sorry we where asleep when you where first emailing us :)
We always do our very best to assist during our available hours. We include Hybrid 2 at the request of some legacy users who prefer certain aspects of the workflow as a free bonus. We never charge for support for purchased copies.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

24MTS wrote:Jon, thank you for replying.

Yes, I forgot to mention - I am on Win 7 Home Premium, enough space and power for it, i5-2400, 6 gb ram, I am running as Admin.

I guess I am most frustrated with the fact that there is no clear set of instruction from Air on how to install, as it is obvious many user that never used iLok before will want to install, particularly with the opening now toward non-Pro Tools market. I am no novice with the computers, but iLok for one thing is something new to me, as I avoided it before and did not need it, simple as that.

Hello, sorry for the bother,no iLok is required please drop us an email directly and we will do our very best to help you sbangs@airmusictech.com. Please include your order number with your email.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX

Thanks again Simon. Looking back, some of the "obstacles" to getting going weren't that hard to solve. It just took some getting used to what to expect and figure out a few things. All of the plugins are top-notch and I'm glad I didn't jump ship before I got up and going.
I'm sure the process will continue to get smoother for new users. I'm very happy with my purchase; it's pretty incredible to get the whole pack so inexpensively; the instruments aren't just ok, they're downright amazing and innovative in many respects.

Musical Gym wrote:I'm sure the process will continue to get smoother for new users. I'm very happy with my purchase; it's pretty incredible to get the whole pack so inexpensively; the instruments aren't just ok, they're downright amazing and innovative in many respects.
I hope so too, and for the rest of us for future installs. There's clearly some streamlining required in this process (and why I posted my own experience). Agreed on the quality of the instruments; without that I would have been first in line asking for a refund...

24MTS wrote:

While I still hold this true, I want to tell you that I found what the problem was. Just in case there are others having the same issue, with Xpand not installing.

It seems that the reason why installer would inly go to about 60 percent and then roll back, ending with an error message was because I did not have .net framework 4 installed on my Win 7 computer.I have no idea why that was, all the updates after a fresh reinstall were done... Anyway, after installing .net framework 4, the Xpand installer went all the way and was successful.

Now I will just need/want to reinstall Win7 again, as it is only two days since I did it last time, and reinstall everything fresh-fresh, with no need for all test and trials I went through these days.

So, I hope this mught be helpful to someone maybe!

BTW, thanks Simon, this time around was not that bad! :) But I might need your help later on.
------------

Breeze wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:I'm sure the process will continue to get smoother for new users. I'm very happy with my purchase; it's pretty incredible to get the whole pack so inexpensively; the instruments aren't just ok, they're downright amazing and innovative in many respects.
I hope so too, and for the rest of us for future installs. There's clearly some streamlining required in this process (and why I posted my own experience). Agreed on the quality of the instruments; without that I would have been first in line asking for a refund...
A big part of this update is a simplified installation experience.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands

Thanks for listening.

Return to “Instruments”