Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Just started diving in to it, but sounds really incredible! :phones: congratulations!
oh, and a heads up, it says "Coming Soon" on the page still.

-Steve
Serum | Xfer Records

bitcrusher wrote:
Just started diving in to it, but sounds really incredible! :phones: congratulations!
oh, and a heads up, it says "Coming Soon" on the page still.

-Steve
Serum | Xfer Records
Thank you, Steve - I eliminated the last trace of pre-order and changed that to "Just released"... :party:

Guys! Made a super discount for my soundset for Serum VST. Just only for one week;)
So, come on and get it for a lowest price possible:)!

https://synthmob.com/presets/serum/natl ... ounds-vol1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EfxT57HVTI
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

I have a filter on in the effect rack AFTER a delay. How can I my have the LFO that controls the cutoff of the filter keep on running after I release a note (but the delay is still playing)?

Kain wrote:I have a filter on in the effect rack AFTER a delay. How can I my have the LFO that controls the cutoff of the filter keep on running after I release a note (but the delay is still playing)?
Kain, will you reword your question? I am not sure if you are asking how to do something or rather asking why something is happening.

Greg Houston wrote:
Kain wrote:I have a filter on in the effect rack AFTER a delay. How can I my have the LFO that controls the cutoff of the filter keep on running after I release a note (but the delay is still playing)?
Kain, will you reword your question? I am not sure if you are asking how to do something or rather asking why something is happening.
So I have a delay active in the Serum FX rack and after that the filter. So my notes have a delay. And when that delay plays I want those delayed notes to be filtered. So I have a LFO on the cutoff of that filter but the problem is that the LFO's stop running when no notes are being played. My question is how can I have some LFO's running at all time? Even without midi input.

BTW Serum is so incredibly totally awesome! The sound you can get out of this thing and in how many incredibly ways you can change a starting sound is just unprecedented.

https://soundcloud.com/matthijsbos/serum-is-awesome

Why not modulate the filter/EQ inside the delay itself?

That does not sound the same as the allpass filter.

Okay, so there has actually been a feature request to have an option on LFOs for them to run continuously for exactly this reason. Also for modulating the reverb. I'd actually like a third option for an LFO to stop on key up (when the release would begin).

I think I have a somewhat convoluted workaround for you however. You would need to make the release on ENV 1 at least as long as your delay lasts. The LFOs won't stop until the ENV 1 release is done. Then use ENV 2 on your OSC volumes to control the release of the notes.

Kain wrote:So I have a LFO on the cutoff of that filter but the problem is that the LFO's stop running when no notes are being played. My question is how can I have some LFO's running at all time?
The only way you can get what you want is to increase the main env release and to use a duplicate of this env ( with no release at all) to cut the main filter (or as Greg said, each of the osc levels)
This way, Serum sends audio for a long time but the acual sound stops. This way the LFO runs as long as the main relesase does

Hope it's clear :hihi:

[EDIT] Ok, Greg, you win :p

Totolitoto wrote:[EDIT] Ok, Greg, you win :p
:P

A slight improvement on my solution ... Apply Env 2 to Global > Amp. Amp is pre-effects so it can control the release of all 4 OSCs without shaping the effects at all.

ENV 2 --> Amount 100 --> Amp --> Bipolar

While I'm here, I updated my Fabled Serum soundset so that it now includes a Bonus Pack of 375 LFO Shapes with thumbnails. The shapes are organized into 7 categories: envelopes, bipolar sequences, unipolar sequences, curves, X-Shaper, Remap and miscellaneous shapes.

Customers who have already purchased Fabled Serum will find the bonus pack in the downloads section of their account.

I'll likely be adding more shapes to this bonus pack as time goes on.

The soundset is available here.

Edit: I don't know if it is common knowledge yet, but Steve has added a couple features to Serum that makes working with LFO shapes easeier. (1) Alt-clicking (forward) or shift-alt-clicking (backward) on the buttons that open the preset folder will increment through the presets. So you can easily toggle through a bunch of X-Shaper shapes or a bunch of tonal sequences. (2) You can now type "st" after a number to set the semitone range of a modulation. So you can set Coarse Pitch or Mast. Tun to exactly 16st so that each grid line perfectly lines up with a semitone.
Last edited by Greg Houston on Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doesn't that increase the effective polyphony a lot, with the accompanying processing overhead? Just because no sound is coming out doesn't mean the voice isn't active, that's the point.

Sparky77 wrote:https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... elynthpads

In case anyone missed this set, it is currently %50 off (use code "serum" at checkout - $13).

KVR NEWS.. "VintageSynthPads.com is offering 50% off on the Concentrated for Serum Expansion in January."

The expansion includes 400+ MB of downloads for Xfer records Serum synthesizer:

160 Presets that cover a very broad array of styles and sounds.
Includes additional "BONUS PAK"
New Waves for added sound design content and unique patches.
Custom Wavetables
Custom LFOs
Custom Noises
Unlimited updates for registered customers.

This is a KILLER DEAL and some excellent sounds.
wow, how did I miss this?
Thanks, today is the very last day for half price on this double sized (160 presets- LFOs and Wavs 400megs)
collection.

AVAILABLE HERE

For anyone interested, I released one of the first Serum libraries back in October of last year. It doesn't take advantage of the latest Serum update as far as additional modulation slots but it's still quite good and have had a number of happy customers.

You can find it below in my sig where you can listen to about a 5 or 6 minute demo.

Return to “Instruments”