Roland Sound Canvas for iOS

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

May be this has gone under the Radar.

Very good indeed....a sign of things to come.

http://www.roland.com/products/sound_canvas_for_ios
01001001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 00100010 01000100 01100001 01101001 01110011 01111001 00101110 00100010

Hope it supports audiobus 2

Doesn't look like it does at the moment, strange oversight.

--I just have an iPad 4 so I guess I'm out of luck... :(

Bummer

---Has anyone tried to use this with an old iPad like the 4? I wonder if I buy it and it doesn't work if I can get a refund?

They do mention the "iPad Mini 2nd Generation". So it should work for "earlier" iPads as long as the OS is right:
http://www.roland.com/products/sound_ca ... fications/

I do have hope however, that Roland revives the old SC for PC/Mac, and also HQ Orchestra.
I mean... I can at least dream.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

---Thank you for your reply, I'll give it a try and let everyone know how it works out. Roland has had some great synths over the years (I've been a synthi since my Synthi days in the mid-70's) so I too hope this is just the beginning. It's fascinating what has been accomplished so far and so fast!

---:(
Well now I know, I got the message that it wouldn't load to to incompatibility with my iPad4. Now to see if Itunes will refund the money...rats!!

Compyfox wrote:They do mention the "iPad Mini 2nd Generation". So it should work for "earlier" iPads as long as the OS is right:
http://www.roland.com/products/sound_ca ... fications/
IPad mini 2 runs a 64bit Chip same as IPad Air

Looks like it only runs on the 64bit machines rather than it being an OS thing.
Instant human just add coffee

You would think that iPad 3/4 would have enough power to run a recreation of ancient hardware. Maybe Roland will add support for iPad 3/4 later. They did go back and add VST2 support for the Aira plug-outs after complaints that they were only VST3 and useless in Ableton Live. It's not that hard to support older OSes versions too on iOS. By this summer all new and updated apps will have to support iOS6 minimum for the 64-bit support.

---I hope they decide to support at least the iPad 4, it's not that old! After Doug's review in the Soundtestroom I really wanted this for the sounds, I really wouldn't need the midi file player but the sounds to me were very good.

I still hate myself for not picking up a used SC-88 from an old friend of the family (in the 90ies). Would have cost me about as much as the Yamaha DB50XG I got around that time. But I didn't have the funds.

Great device for a load of bread and butter sounds. But alas - I don't have an iOS device, and for this it is really a bit high in terms of spec requests. Then again, it also won't ever get to Android. So my hope is that Roland revives their old "EDIROL" branch and re-releases their former VSTi to the masses again. And maybe even the XV50xx rack.

So whoever got this to run - enjoy. But I really prefer either the actual hardware, as cumbersome as it was control, or a suitable VSTi.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Well this is too bad.
This isn't compatible with my month old ipad mini

Either I'm dumb or apple store is dumb because it let me buy, only then did I find out it isn't compatible. Then I had to contact them for a refund. They did refund but pointed out they don't have to as all sales are final. Nice
I would have really liked to have got this. What a shame. :?

I think I have to say 'typical Roland'. They seem to have a talent for releasing consumer unfriendly products all the time. :?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”