Geist, first beat lost at loop start

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi friends,

the search didn't give me the answer so...
I'm looping 1 bar in Reaper and the first note in Geist is not played.
The first note in Geist is played when Reaper starts playing at loop start.
It is played when the loop in Geist is looping while Reaper is playing more than 1 bar before looping. But as soon as Reaper is looping to it's loop start the first hit in Geist is not triggered.
Reaper is 32bit 4.76 and Geist is newest version.
Can anybody please tell me how to solve this prob?

Hm, after a Reaper crash it works now for no apparent reason...

Argh!!! It seems to buffer size related. At certain tempi it does play note 1 and at other tempi not. E.g. at bpm 78, 123 and 124 it doesn't work. Strange...

I've definitely seen this problem in Logic when certain plugins are used right at the start of the song (bar 1). Shifting them back a bar seemed to be the workaround. Maybe that'd work for this problem, too?

Naenyn wrote:I've definitely seen this problem in Logic when certain plugins are used right at the start of the song (bar 1). Shifting them back a bar seemed to be the workaround. Maybe that'd work for this problem, too?
Thanx for that. When I shift it a bar around then the start inside Geist shifts, too. So that would be only an option for one bar loops. :)
I'm almost happy with the workaround of the slight tempo changes that are necessary to make beat one in Geist play. Not ideal, but hey... :wink:

Return to “Instruments”