PatchWork - multiple (AUX) outputs (inputs) in Pro Tools [feature request?]

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi BlueCat,

i'm happy that i can rely on BlueCat PatchWork for many VST/AU plugins i can't miss and need to work with under Pro Tools (11 / 64bit) - many thanks for your work.

Actually there is just one missing feature, which is getting important for me, because i own a Access Virus TI2 synth which offers AU/VST plug out software, which natively allows to route out up to 3 stereo aux outputs for up to 3 different tracks / instruments in parallel, but it seems that PatchWork isn't able to route more then one output from a single plugin out (or accept more then one aux channel), allowing to select them as track inputs or similar.

While this concept often "just" allows to run different tracks / instruments over just one plugin instance, there are plugins like the access virus TI plugin which can't multi-instantiated to serve different tracks with different copies of a plugin. Per hardware synth just one instance is possible.

Unfortunately i assume that access music won't publish an native AAX in the next time, so i hope that BlueCat does such a job on his side.

I'm not shure how this could be implemented, but if i understand right such a feature could be extend the flexible routing schemes in PatchWork onto a new level of flexibility - i.e. allowing to route multiple outputs of a plugin node WITHIN a plugin instance ("window") to other nodes within the patchwork plugin or/and to the outside / to software / aux busses, ending in the ultimatively (plugin) routing tool.

In case you need beta tester for such functionality pls feel free to contact me (i own official licenses of Patchwork / PatchWork Synth) at nd@syndicat.com.

many thanks for your time,
best regards,

Niels.
---
((d^b))
dettenbach audio
http://dettenbach.com

B+B patches for Novation Peak:
http://dettenbach.com/sounds/synthesize ... ation_peak

There is target date for this right now, but this is something we are working on. You can currently achieve similar results using a surround bus with some additional routing in Pro Tools but it is indeed not as convenient.

We will of course publish a preview as soon as we have something working and we'll let you know.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”