Jazz Compostion

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Forrest,

You've done a great job with these rules!
Fortunately nothing bad will happen if someone uses these rules without having the needed Alt chords. I prepared a small file that contains the missing 3 chords (attached). You just need to unzip it in the RapidComposer\DB directory, and the chords will appear in the library when the program next runs.
Please let me know if more chords are needed.

Thank you!
Attila
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Forrest and Attila

These videos and files are much appreciated. Many thanks.

Ray

FANTASTIC videos, man. Seriously! Wow, I learned a lot. When Attila and I work with the new Wiki manual/instruction section of the site, we will have a video section that has all my tutorials (thank you for the kind words), and DEFINITELY these. My god, so informative.

Thanks, Ray, glad you found these helpful.

And, thank you, Chris, for your kind words. Attila has created a great program. And, you have created a great manual and set of video tutorials ... both of which I continually refer back to. All of your hard work on this is seriously appreciated. :tu:

Thanks,
Forrest

Isn't it even faster to just hit "F", after the Phrase is highlighted? No mouse movement needed, after highlighting the phrase you want. ;)

musicdevelopments wrote:Thank you, Forrest! The 3rd video explains chord rules, and chord progression generating and editing master track chords really well, so it is a mandatory video for all new users.
It is always amazing for me to watch someone using the program, I learn a lot from it.

It is a personal preference, but I find it quicker to add phrases by double-clicking on the background instead of drag-and-dropping from the browser. Before double-clicking you need to highlight the phrase to be added in the browser.

Thank you! :tu:
Attila

Yes, you can press 'F' to fill a track with the selected phrase (or Shift-F to insert one phrase and its ghost copies).
I meant adding an individual phrase by double-clicking.
But there is a keyboard shortcut for this too: I
Pressing 'I' will insert the selected phrase to the playback position, and advances the playback position, ready for insertion of another phrase.
It is very quick to add different phrases one after the other: in the phrase browser click on 'Phrase 1', press 'I', click on 'Phrase 2', press 'I', etc.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Damn! Did I not know about this shortcut? Haha... I've never used it, but it sounds really useful!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”