RC and Omnisphere - working

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am new to this forum, but just wanted to mention that I have Omnisphere 1.5.8 working fine with Rapid Composer 2.8.3 (x64). I had to figure out that I need to Omnisphere to be in "stream" or "no stream" mode rather than the default "Server" mode. Omnisphere was on sale at Guitar Center and I just couldn't pass it up at the price, especially with the free upgrade to the new version in April.

Also, I have Garritan libraries working with Rapid Composer (GPO, World Instruments, and Jazz Band ).

Now, I am going through the tutorial videos to come up to speed on Rapid Composer itself. I have had the full version of RC since 2.3 (I think :o ), but have not really had much time for it until now.

Tony

This is great information! Are you on Mac or PC?

You're gonna love RC and Omnisphere ;)

Welcome to the forum Tony :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Thanks Musiking! My system is quite small - a Toshiba KIRA Ultrabook i7/8GB RAM running Windows 8.1.

Yes, I think Omnisphere is going to be great, and RC the perfect environment to explore it with. What a combination! It took me a while to figure out how to get it to work, since I could not find anything about this via google. However, I did find somebody mention "stream" vs "Server" mode for some other issue, so I thought it worth a try - and it worked for me too!

It would be really great if I could use the 64 bit Omnisphere VST. Now that I have the 32 bit version working, I will have to give the 64 bit a try at some point. I think that will work, since RC seems to like the 64 bit Garritan VST.

The Garrritan libraries and VST worked without any issues at all.

Tony

Welcome Tony, and thank you for your feedback! :tu:

Yes, Garritan libraries were tested a lot, and work well, both 32-bit and 64-bit. I highly recommend them to use with RC. People at Garritan/MakeMusic were very helpful when I approached them with my requests.

Thanks!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”