Shouldn't Triggering RE-Trigger?

Official support for: www.squaredheads.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hiya - first of all this device is an amazing accomplishment, not even from the same planet as all those fun-but-still-a-toy 8, 16 & 32-step mono step sequencers. My pretentious cinematic conceits can finally be realized. Congratulations & many thanks.

But I have issues with the pattern trigger function - it needs to start at the start of the pattern when I trigger it, not wherever it left off last time it was running, or where it thinks it should be in relation to the master transport. As it is, it always comes in at an un-related beat compared to any other arp's or seq's that are also running (I trigger patterns live). It doesn't need to be completely unquantized (that way lies madness), I control all my note inputs to start on the next 1/4 or 1/8 etc. but it does need to re-trigger.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Edit: Hold up - is that controlled from the Track Configuration Window sync button?

i've noticed this too but would like an option to control this behavior.
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

If I understood you right, you want change patterns with your MIDI controller/Mouse and that patterns start playing from beginning when you switch, right?

Nora is, by design, a host clock sync phrase arpeggiator. That's why it works in that way by default. However, you can switch the clock mode for each track in the track configuration panel, try internal synchronization. With internal sync AND playing in your host a new chord when you switch pattern,it will be retriggered. It doesn't matter if you use queue or inmediate switch, it should work fine with both methods.

Yay! Yes of course that worked. It took me a while to figure out how to open the track config window but that's my bad. Is there a way we could get a manual without that black background? I want to print it but I can't afford that much ink. However, not a huge deal, I can get by with a lot of screen scrolling and soon I won't need it anyway. Thanks for your reply!

Protocol_b wrote: Is there a way we could get a manual without that black background? I want to print it but I can't afford that much ink.
Nora's help is a PDF, so if you are using Adobe Reader (FREE) to display it you can temporarily change the background in the Adobe preferences and print it. :)

Protocol_b wrote:Yay! Yes of course that worked. It took me a while to figure out how to open the track config window but that's my bad...
ahh i get it now! thanks.
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Oh, tx for the Adobe tip - I've always just used the Mac Preview for PDF's - this is an improvement.

Indeed, that was a good tip! Thanks kurodo :)

Nora's help is a PDF, so if you are using Adobe Reader (FREE) to display it you can temporarily change the background in the Adobe preferences and print it. :)
Unfortunately the Adobe background trick only affects the screen display. The printed file is still grey on a black background. :cry: A black on white PDF would be appreciated!
Homebrew MSI Ryzen 3700x 32G RAM 4.5 Ghz, Win 10 Pro 22H2, Focusrite 2i2 v3 i/o, Komplete S49, Ableton Live 12, FL 21, Studio One

If you send me an email to support {at} squaredheads {dot} com, I will send you a native black and white manual in pdf

Return to “Squaredheads”