Macro

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone!

I've been using Bitwig for a while now and I love it! But I also love the keys of my ancient Edirol PCR M-50, but there are no (minimal) control mappings for it. :(

All I want to do it for the knobs on my keyboard to automatically be assigned to the macro's parameters on my primary device. I have no knowledge of Javascript, so all my attempts have failed ..

I took the script tor.helge.skei made for the Edirol PCR-300 and tried to tweak it, but I can't get it to work..

This is what I've got so far:
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/HENFECqj/file.html

Anyone who can show me to the right direction (Thomas??? lol) would be wonderful.

Thank you!!
Last edited by Jamesoow on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

you could try my cakewalk a-300 pro script, then you would maybe just need to adjust your edirol controler with the control map to fit the used CC numbers in the script. I do have included the control map for the a-300, so you could download the software for the a.300, check that map, and copy the CC over to the edirol control map.

Yes! All I had to do was change getMacro to getParameter lol Thanks!

One more thing though .. My keyboard has 8 sliders and 8 knobs. Now the 8 knobs are the automatically assigned parameters (just like I wanted it), and the 8 sliders are assigned to the 8 macros. But the thing is .. I get the 8 colors of the sliders/macros, but no color for the knobs/parameters.

It's very minor, but just curious as to how that can be ..

there should be something like set indication = true in the script, maybe thats missing.
My script actualy didn't include the sliders, but the macros. Since i wanted the knobs to control the macros. Watch the code, you find something with the word "indication", you would need to apply that as well to the parameters then.

this is how i've set my CC numbers on the control map. Maybe it's helpful for you as well.

Thanks Suloo,

I saw that you assigned your knobs one by one. Mine are all together:

if (ctrl==16)
{
// knobs 1-8
if (chan<8) primaryDevice.getParameter(chan).set(value,127);

Since all my knobs are on CC16 and ranging from channel 1 to 8.

Also I could only find one .setIndication, but adding that to the code didn't change anything.

What I find weird is that my sliders (macros) do get an indication. Only difference is that there is .getAmount() in the code for it:

if (ctrl==17)
{
// sliders 1-8
if (chan<8) primaryDevice.getMacro(chan).getAmount().set(value,127);

But when I add .getAmount() to the knobs part, I get an error in Bitwig "can't find function getAmount in object com.nananana"

Any ideas?

hm not 100% sure but see line 65-67

Code: Select all

for (var i = 0; i < 8; i++) {
        primaryDevice.getMacro(i).getAmount().setIndication(true);
    }
maybe change that to

for (var i = 0; i < 8; i++) {
        primaryDevice.getMacro(i).getAmount().setIndication(true);
        primaryDevice.getParameter(i).getAmount().setIndication(true);
    }

You might then need to define more variables:

var _knob7    = 108;
var _knob8    = 109;
to

var _knob7    = 108;
var _knob8    = 109;
var_fader1     = 110;
var_fader2     = 111;
var_fader3     = 112;
etc..
then in function onMidi define the cases how you like them

case _knob1:
                primaryDevice.getParameter(0).getAmount().set(data2, 128);
                break;

case _fader1:
                primaryDevice.getMacro(0).getAmount().set(data2, 128);
                break;

i would stick to one midi channel for beginning.

Suloo wrote:this is how i've set my CC numbers on the control map. Maybe it's helpful for you as well.

I ran into this pic while investegating if my Roland A-800 Pro dynamic pad buttons can be assigned to keystrokes (select editor, arranger, mixer) because I'm currently demoing Bitwig (and highly liking it).

I also own an unused Maschine Mikro which I might undust for the same purpose if possible.

Perhaps you can tell me more about it seeing you obviously have done your homework.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can absolutely. I do have this included now for the buttons B1-B4, since i would like to keep the pads for actual drums.

Just check out the zip from the GitHub repo: https://github.com/Suloo/Cakewalk-A-300-PRO

I just updated the feature list and install instructions.

Also updated the control map.

for more discussion specifically about the cakewalk controlers please use this thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&start=45

cheers

Thanks for your help, Suloo. I got it to work now and it's working pretty well.

Now I would like to let my keyboard know that the given key is pressed/active in Bitwig. For instance: when I hit the assigned Play button on my keyboard, the light goes on. When I press the spacebar, the song isn't playing anymore, but the light on my controller is still on.

It's pretty confusing now with all the lights randomly lighting on and off.

I also added "next/previous primary device" and "next/previous selected track" to my keyboard. Everytime I press the "next" button on my keyboard the light stays on until I press it again. In the PCR Editor from Edirol, I had to select Toggle for these buttons, as otherwise I would get two key pressed e.g. I when I pressed it once it would jump two tracks. Or in the case of the Play button, it would only play when I held it down, when the button was set to LATCH-mode in the PCR Editor.

Got that problem myself, didn't think about a solution yet. You would need observers for that i think.

http://blog.thomashelzle.de/2014/06/bit ... observers/

I got it to work!

It's a bit of a workaround, but I just set the min and max values of the buttons to 127 in de PCR Editor and made the LATCH.

Also the color indications are working .. so .. yea .. you can call me a coder now lol

hehe, great you got it sorted! ;)

Return to “Bitwig”