What is the most popular Ample Sound acoustic?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know it comes down to personal preference but not being a guitar guy - what is the most popular, particularly for acoustic pop/folk?

Hi,
I own the three acoustic guitars, M, T, and L - and they all have beautiful but very different sounds. I personally like the AGL the best, but I'm more of a classical guitar kind of guy. For pop/folk, it depends if you are focusing on singer/songwriter music or as an ensemble. The Martin (AGM) is very good on its own or with minimal accompaniment. The samples are finger picked - so they are more subtle. The Taylor (AGT) is great for strumming - and the bright, picked sound will come through drums, bass, and synths. These are just my opinions of course. I'd definitely recommend watching/listening to all of the Reverend tutorials. He uses a mix of the guitars for different lessons, and you should be able to get a good feel for the different sounds and which one suits you best. Best of luck!

If I could only get one, I'd get the Martin AGM for Pop & Folk. Mainly for the Fingerpick Samples, but it works well for whatever you want to do.

That said, I have all three. I was fortunate enough to get all 8 instruments during the December sale.
They all sound wonderful. So good in fact, that I am re-doing all of my previous material using the Ample guitars and basses.

Boyd
ABA, ABP, ABJ, ABU, AG12, AGL, AGM, AGT, AGF, AGG, AGP
MixBus 5 - Studio One Pro 3 - SynFire Pro
Windows 10 Pro - Core i5 - 16GB RAM - Focusrite Saffire Solo - RME Babyface

Thanks very much folks. Appreciate the replies. Yeah, I think the Martin is probably the best one for me to start with and see how I get on. Have been keeping an eye on amplesound for quite a while and hopefully will continue to invest in their software.

Return to “Ample Sound”