Twisted Tools Polyplex - Update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last night, while idly browsing on my android phone, I came across a Google Now tile suggesting Polyplex was being updated to version 1.1, and a free expansion was being included in conjunction - the update was available via the service centre. So off I trot to dig out laptop, fire up the service centre - and no update. I checked my phone again but couldn't find any trace of the notification.

Anyone else see a notification for this update, or am I hallucinating? :?

Edit: Knew I wasn't imagining it:
http://twistedtools.com/blog/free-ni-po ... ted-tools/
Twisted Tools is very excited to announce the arrival of POLYPLEX 1.1 - an eight-part drum sampler with extraordinary randomizing, layering, and design capabilities, now with enhanced workflow features and five dedicated single ‘unit’ instruments. If you already own POLYPLEX, the free update to v1.1 is now available via the NI Service Center. If you don’t, now is the time to dive deeper into rhythm.

To celebrate the arrival of POLYPLEX 1.1, Twisted Tools has created a free expansion pack called BLAST OFF, featuring 30 bonus kits & 128 samples.

POLYPLEX v1.1 is now available for just $69 exclusively at Native Instruments.
Last edited by mcnelson on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Interesting; there are 5 new ensembles included: Kick, Snare, Percussion, Oneshot and User; these look like stripped down "single sound" versions:
...I guess the reduced CPU footprint is the attraction if you just want a single sound, Polyplex can be CPU heavy.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2

mcnelson wrote:Last night, while idly browsing on my android phone, I came across a Google Now tile suggesting Polyplex was being updated to version 1.1, and a free expansion was being included in conjunction - the update was available via the service centre. So off I trot to dig out laptop, fire up the service centre - and no update.
It's available now.

Yep, I know, downloaded, installed, and screenshot above.

I got three emails from twisted Tools and two from Native Instruments. They must really love me.

Still don't know why I first saw the update three days ago but then it disappeared until today. Maybe it was pulled at the last minute for some random marketing reason?
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2

Is there a list of what's new, feature-wise?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

The individual units is the main feature, which allows Maschine users to load the sounds individually to Maschine pads. Frustratingly for me, it seems that Reaktor needs to be installed to make them work so I haven't been able to get this going yet.

Nice update!

I like Polyplex but always wanted to be able to load slots to Maschine exactly as it now does. 8)

I was happy to see the update, I think it's a cool program and am slowly getting my head around using it as I'm a new user of Reaktor as well.

I recommend it!

Layering combined with the randomize functions and a relatively simple interface makes me want to experiment with finding my own sounds, lots on board and ability to load own sounds if you have Reaktor 5 full version makes it a fine percussion library builder..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Return to “Instruments”