T6 Crashing... a lot! Mac 64 bit

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmmm... I loaded the latest version 6.0.18 – My project which has 3 edits. Lotta crashing, shutting down, removing plugins etc. Seems like the last version was running fine. 6.0.18 currently going crazy...

What's the standard solution for crashing versions – as I haven't been using for a long time and purchased the latest version, so I'm really testing "T" new...

:phones:

Do you know about the logfile? Sounds like it, if you're removing plug-ins. If not, it's accessible via the Help button, if you can get there. As for a solution... more difficult - you can perhaps remove plug-ins from harm's way, send the logfile to support, and await 6.0.19.

Perhaps some Maccies might have more constructive advice.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

After a couple of hour testing, 6.0.18 32bits seems to be stable here but need more testing to confirm.
Mac OSX yosemite.

dupont wrote:After a couple of hour testing, 6.0.18 32bits seems to be stable here but need more testing to confirm.
Mac OSX yosemite.
Spoke to fast, currently death beach ball is turning on T6 after loading preset on Battery 4.
While have to force quit T6.

I have a lot of crashing also, on linux, on windows and on mac.
And log is not useful.
This is for example log from windows:
"27 Feb 2015 16:52:58 ASIO: starting
27 Feb 2015 16:53:08 Crashed
27 Feb 2015 16:53:08

27 Feb 2015 16:53:08 Thread 0:
27 Feb 2015 16:53:08 0: Edit.cpp:Edit::writeToFile:988
27 Feb 2015 16:53:08 1: Edit.cpp:Edit::saveTempVersion:1208"

I'm on 10.9.5 64 bit version... Hmmm... I really like the new features they've added to "T" and it was running pretty well for last couple versions. But this one is testing my patience. In that Studio One 2 rarely crashes on my setup I'm hoping for a stable version to continue testing this thing. I'll send em' a log file.

Thanks! :phones:

dupont wrote:
dupont wrote:After a couple of hour testing, 6.0.18 32bits seems to be stable here but need more testing to confirm.
Mac OSX yosemite.
Spoke to fast, currently death beach ball is turning on T6 after loading preset on Battery 4.
While have to force quit T6.
Logic 10.1.1 also crashes this morning with Battery 4, so there is a problem with this plugin. T6 was not the culprit !

Latest bug: deleting Microtonic VST shuts down T6 – 6.0.23 every time. OSX 10.9.5 64 bit...

AU version does not wipe out T6... Hmmm... very strange. Lot of crashes lately. I'm losing interest...

:scared:

Just bought my first mac after using Tracktion stable on Windows for years. Please tell me these are temporary bugs!!!

Never tried it on PC but I've tested many versions on Mac with some frustration. I really like the new features and think the program has come a long way... but it gets frustrating when I can launch Studio One 2 without any issues. Albeit without some of these cool "T" additions. I'm way more forgiving these days though, so I'll continue to test... Small operation, so I can understand keeping 2 platform versions running and updated without bugs is a tall order! Woot!

Instead of trying to make T work with all my plug ins, dealing with random poof crashes, and wondering why graphic redraws leave a Top Of The Pops c1974 style video feedback, streaking across my screen, i decided to take decisive action.
After mulling over the cost for a few days, i bought a Studio 1 Pro downolad from the US, for £155 on Ebay 3 days ago.

Everything works as expected, Plugs recognised, MUCH LESS CPU LOAD
Loads of very useable content/plugs too.
I couldnt have been sure when i bought S1 how it would handle 3rd party plugs ie Waves Ultrachannel etc as the demo, even of the S2 Pro version doesnt have an option to load VSTs.
However all the plugs that were screwed in T, were recognised first time in S1 and work, with correct graphics rendering, 100% first time.
Workflow in many ways quite familiar. A cross between PT and T really.
Learning curve, of course, but its a learning curve with an end and dare i say it, a point.

Instead of an eyes closed, cross fingered, click of the mouse as to what will happen next in T4/5/6.
Been there since Version 1 giveaway, bought every box, and every upgrade. Feel i'm qualified to comment on the useability and the marketplace, if certainly not the technical reasons behind the current problems.
T could be great, but i think stability/useability is being sacrificed in some sort of features arms race.

Just my two cents as a 49 year old who values his recording time.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Croak-Dilemmas/ ... MMAS+CROAK

I7 3770K, Asus P8Z77 V PRO, WIN 7 HP.
T1/2/3/4/5/6.

Studio One 2 is a pretty darn good DAW... I was a long time Logic user and bought it for 110. It really does everything I need and works properly 90% of the time. A few things I don't like but it's capable of doing most everything you need... I test T5/6 anyway as I'd like to see it find stability on the Mac but I don't need it as my main app anyway...

shindigger wrote:Instead of trying to make T work with all my plug ins, dealing with random poof crashes, and wondering why graphic redraws leave a Top Of The Pops c1974 style video feedback, streaking across my screen, i decided to take decisive action.
After mulling over the cost for a few days, i bought a Studio 1 Pro downolad from the US, for £155 on Ebay 3 days ago.

Everything works as expected, Plugs recognised, MUCH LESS CPU LOAD
Loads of very useable content/plugs too.
I couldnt have been sure when i bought S1 how it would handle 3rd party plugs ie Waves Ultrachannel etc as the demo, even of the S2 Pro version doesnt have an option to load VSTs.
However all the plugs that were screwed in T, were recognised first time in S1 and work, with correct graphics rendering, 100% first time.
Workflow in many ways quite familiar. A cross between PT and T really.
Learning curve, of course, but its a learning curve with an end and dare i say it, a point.

Instead of an eyes closed, cross fingered, click of the mouse as to what will happen next in T4/5/6.
Been there since Version 1 giveaway, bought every box, and every upgrade. Feel i'm qualified to comment on the useability and the marketplace, if certainly not the technical reasons behind the current problems.
T could be great, but i think stability/useability is being sacrificed in some sort of features arms race.

Just my two cents as a 49 year old who values his recording time.
So you've been using Tracktion for literally over 10 years (Tracktion 1 NFR was November 2004), and you've hit some bugs along the way, over the course of a decade, but not enough that it's put you off persisting with using it for over ten years.

Now you've been using Studio One for 3 days, and you're happy to report it's bug free, in your setup.

That's smashing. Good luck, and enjoy Studio One. Let us know if you're still using it in 2026, bug free.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Thanks very much for your best wishes!
I was expecting a comment from you since you seem to climb in to every one who registers some sort of displeasure with T on here.
Youre quite right T has worked for me by and large for the majority of that time. But this latest go at it is causing me no end of problems. So I just decided to make a break.
I bought Studio One, it works with every plug I have. So far.
It redraws the graphics of those plugs too. Nor does it crash on exit.
So I spend my time learning something new instead of trying to make T work with what I have.
Despite posting on here for solutions, ive not been furnished with any answers whatsoever.

Seems like there's a few others with similar issues.
I'm not beating Tracktion up, I would never have entered DAW land with out it coming along.
As you say i've gone through the card with the different versions and supported it along the way.
I spent the money, I have a right to an opinion, and I stand by what I said re features over stability.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Croak-Dilemmas/ ... MMAS+CROAK

I7 3770K, Asus P8Z77 V PRO, WIN 7 HP.
T1/2/3/4/5/6.

shindigger wrote: I was expecting a comment from you since you seem to climb in to every one who registers some sort of displeasure with T on here.
Nah, not really. Just when you see the same names posting negatively over and over again, which takes all the joy out of it for me.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Return to “Tracktion”