Moog System 55 vs Uhe Ace.

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gonga wrote: Also, improve the VCA attack...make it "punchier." :hihi:
If there is a clipper in ACE you can send the Env output to it and chop off a little off the attack. Send that output to the VCA. That produces that thwack attack.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Gonga wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:I just discovered ACE today, HOLY FLOCK! I mean i knew of ACE but never paid attention to it
since i have the other u-He synths. I downloaded the DEMO today and as soon as i played the
Basic SAW OSC i was like WTF? Why was i missing this until now? It has RAW power in it.
ACE is excellent!

I would love love love to have an ACE-XL... That had numerous extra modules, similar to Bazille.

So some lag generators, quantizer, extra envs, multiples etc,
more midi outputs like alt, random, stack etc.
an all on one page GUI
more trigger options such as the env looping from Bazille
and it was not pre-wired.
+1 but I like the pre-wired design.
I used to like it more cause it is easier in the beginning... but now I like Bazille because it is a blank slate. So if there were ever going to be an ACE XL, I would prefer it not be pre-wired, but in the end it does not really matter cause there is no limitation.

Some more stuff I would like to see improved in ACE:

The Osc's do not have independent level control.
Wish the Osc's had a phase control.
Noise is only available in the Mixer. It takes a bunch of re-wiring if I want to use the noise by itself.

pdxindy wrote:Noise is only available in the Mixer. It takes a bunch of re-wiring if I want to use the noise by itself.
Last time I checked, ACE had outlets for White and Pink noise in the bottom sets of outlets :clown:

EvilDragon wrote:
chilly7 wrote:To be fair it is not for sure know that Glagilitsa is true Cyrillic's, because saint Cyril own writing did not saved until now days. Or atlist not yet found. Because after Cyril death his knowledge and dispels where hunted by Catholics church and destroyed and killed because they wanted that Latin language and writing system was a main stream language awry where. And they did not want Slavic language to be used anywhere.
Yet over here in Croatia it was used for our own language, which is Slavic in nature just as yours. :)
Cool! :)
https://слово-божье.рф

Urs wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Noise is only available in the Mixer. It takes a bunch of re-wiring if I want to use the noise by itself.
Last time I checked, ACE had outlets for White and Pink noise in the bottom sets of outlets :clown:
Geez... can you tell I have not been using ACE much lately? :help:

pdxindy wrote:
Urs wrote:
Hehehe, I sure can! :)

Urs wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
Urs wrote:
Hehehe, I sure can! :)
As penance, I am using ACE for the next couple days! :-)

pdxindy wrote:
Urs wrote:

That's very bad! You don't know WHAT you missin'!
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Something new I did with ACE

http://draigathar.org/sounds/A1.mp3

BasariStudios wrote:Oh, it was Glagolitsa.
The interesting things about ancient languages is that if we speak about modern software or technologies words like "old" or "ancient" usualy means that it is not good and words like "modern" means it is better then it was before. But with ancient languages it is totaly oposit, ancient languages are much more better and advanced then modern languages. But unfortionaly in modern society people are not teached ancient languages or do it extremely briefly which makes no sense. So because of that most people thinks that modern languages actually better and improvement over ancient languages, but that is total lair.

chilly7 wrote:
The interesting things about ancient languages is that if we speak about modern software or technologies words like "old" or "ancient" usualy means that it is not good and words like "modern" means it is better then it was before. But with ancient languages it is totaly oposit, ancient languages are much more better and advanced then modern languages. But unfortionaly in modern society people are not teached ancient languages or do it extremely briefly which makes no sense. So because of that most people thinks that modern languages actually better and improvement over ancient languages, but that is total lair.

Languages evolve, they are practically living things. There is no best, they are what they had to become.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:
chilly7 wrote:

Languages evolve, they are practically living things. There is no best, they are what they had to become.
Obviously u have no idea about ancient languages, so that why u saying that.
I was thinking the same for long time until somebody explained me what is ancient Slavic language and then i compared it to modern Russian or other so called modern "Slavic languages" like Ukranian, Belarussian, Georgian, Polish an so on. I am sorry but i will give example: the difference is like chocolate and shit. Both of them a brown color and might look similar at first look.

Gonga wrote: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:33 pm
pdxindy wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:I just discovered ACE today, HOLY FLOCK! I mean i knew of ACE but never paid attention to it
since i have the other u-He synths. I downloaded the DEMO today and as soon as i played the
Basic SAW OSC i was like WTF? Why was i missing this until now? It has RAW power in it.
ACE is excellent!

I would love love love to have an ACE-XL... That had numerous extra modules, similar to Bazille.

So some lag generators, quantizer, extra envs, multiples etc,
more midi outputs like alt, random, stack etc.
an all on one page GUI
more trigger options such as the env looping from Bazille
and it was not pre-wired.
+1 but I like the pre-wired design. Also, improve the VCA attack...make it "punchier." :hihi:
I'll agree with this! :)

I'd also love to see the distortion from Bazille in Ace.

Return to “u-he”