Use of a capo

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any practical musical advantage of having a capo which depresses only certain selected strings at a given fret location?

No.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Have you invented one?

I designed one for my keyboard (see fingerfriendlyguitar.com) but it appears that my design for a standard capo would be the only one with practical application - if Aloysius Holly is to be believed (and I do).

:o That's one massive capo

it takes two (of course) but very little difference in size from a standard, elastic band style capo.

i didn't know that capo,s can be used with keyborde,and know a capo using the guitar.a normal capo that works like a vinger over all the strings (barree) at a given position.when you could and would surpress
strings individually there were too many options ,farvedged i would say and go back to the piano is my advice
:party: peepmans

It's just not worth fretting about... :party:

Don Bacon wrote:Is there any practical musical advantage of having a capo which depresses only certain selected strings at a given fret location?
what, like this?

http://www.spidercapo.com/

must be, people buy them.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

For guitar I've used one called The third hand capo for well over a decade. Its good for when things are getting a bit stale.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”