Native Instruments Service Center

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a shot in the dark and I realize KVR Ins't really the place for tech support but I figure I would try anyways. So my issue is this, every time I try and start the service center application I get a error that states the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). I have never had this problem before and I have tried everything short of a total system reformat to solve this. I am not sure what is going on but it is really frustrating.

I need to be able to use this software. If anyone has any idea as to what is going on that would be great.

Try updating to the latest version. Your install could be corrupt.
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

Mac or PC? 32-bit or 64-bit?

It is possible to end up with different versions of it on your system, and some of the earlier ones can crash or simply not work right, but you won't have an obvious error message. Try browsing directly there (generally C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Service Center on both 32-bit or 64-bit Windows) and launching it rather than using a shortcut.

I tried everything. This is really strange and annoying at the same time. Currently on a PC 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

Did you completely uninstall it and then replace the old one with the latest/fresh version from NI?

Aside from some of the above suggestions such as reinstalling, also make sure to run it as an administrator.
Right click "run as administrator".

Make sure that you installed the correct Windows version too. If you are running 64 bit there is almost no reason why a 86x version couldn't run on it, but, it's always better to try and install the proper version for compatibility.
If you have the 64 bit version installed already, try installing the 86x version instead - and as usual, make sure to try running it as an admin.

In addition, you can try an old compatibility trick to get XP software to run on OS's later than XP - it works sometimes. Install the software you your C:/ folder. Not C:/Program Files. Just C:/
I'd save that for last though.

Not sure if this helps but error code 0xc000007b means STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT which points to a 32-bit/64-bit mismatch. Windows is trying to load a 32-bit dll into a 64-bit process (or vice versa). Check if there are any incompatibilities between the Service Center and any runtimes (such as Visual C++) that it might require.

If a deinstall, reboot, CCleaner, redownload service center and reinstall.

If that failes may be a simple issue below:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/430 ... 0xc000007b
This error message may occur on 64 bit operating systems when the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured.

1. Replace these files. mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll

They can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id...

Please save these files to any location on your PC;

2. Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode
[How to restart in SAFE MODE]
- Restart the computer;
- Press the "F8" key (several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;
- Select "SAFE MODE";
Note: for Windows 8, you can hold the Shift key while going to Power Off and clicking on Restart option
3. Access C:\Windows\System32;
4. Locate the 5 files you have downloaded and extracted;
5. Next, copy all those files to C:\Windows\System32 replacing the current ones;
6. Reboot in normal mode

I have tried everything suggested here. There only seems to be one version of the latest 2.6 service center application unless I am mistaken. Is there some sort of way to install the older legacy versions?

I had this problem on a new 64 bit Windows 8.1 laptop and it turned out that the 32 bit version of Service Center was installed and trying to load a 64 bit dll.

I found the offending dll by downloading and running the free Dependency Walker application, http://www.dependencywalker.com/, and loading the C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Service Center\ServiceCenter.exe into that application. Sort the bottom list on the CPU column and see if you have a mix of x86 and x64 files.

In my case the ServiceCenter.exe is an x86, i.e. 32 bit, application and it tried to load one x64 dll. By temporarily re-naming the x64 dll so ServiceCenter can't successfully load it, I can run ServiceCenter without issues. So in my case the offending dll does not seem to contain any critical code.

Dependency Walker comes in both a 32 bit and 64 bit version. The version to use depends on the file you want to check. If the file is a 32 bit file then you should use the x86 version.

I have not found a way of installing a 64 bit version of Service Center so on this laptop I have to live with this workaround for now. And why NI is installing a 32 bit application on a 64 bit OS into the Program Files folder instead of the Program Files (x86) folder I have no idea.

This is super helpful. I solved the problem by doing a system reformat and it sounds like your description is exactly what was happening. Unfortunately I did not get chance to try this solution out, but I will keep this in mind in case something like this happens again in the future. Thank you.

This is weird. Man, I have 10,000 NI products and NEVER had a problem with the service center. Don't get me wrong, I'm not diminishing this, just saying this is really weird. Sorry that I don't have a solution.

win7x64 here.

This MS package fixed this problem for me: KB2999226

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”