RELATED
PRODUCTS

hibidy wrote:I got the nektar 61 today.
:love:

I'm undecided Nektar or Novation...
No demo available :shrug:

Looking forward to your future reports and opinions on Reason experience. :D
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

If you own an iPad you should check out RsTouch http://www.delora.com/delora_products/r ... touch.html
Its a joy to use with Reason especially with the big mixer. I have the Nektar too as its supports more REs but RsTouch is something special.

I have a lot of REs and I mean a lot. I have never experienced any failed update or license issues works great on my end.
KFish needs to answer a simple question. What is an outdated sound?

liquidsound wrote:

Which novation? The launchkey is a pile of poop and automap is fidgety with the impulse.

krucial wrote:If you own an iPad you should check out RsTouch http://www.delora.com/delora_products/r ... touch.html
Its a joy to use with Reason especially with the big mixer. I have the Nektar too as its supports more REs but RsTouch is something special.

I have a lot of REs and I mean a lot. I have never experienced any failed update or license issues works great on my end.
Good to know, thanks! I don't have an ipad, but I saw some tubetube stuff and it looks ace!

I don't think I have my nektar set up properly.....I'll play with it over the weekend though to make sure.

hibidy wrote:
liquidsound wrote:

Which novation? The launchkey is a pile of poop and automap is fidgety with the impulse.
Novation 61. I used the 25SL of a frind of mine with Live and it was quite nice. I still use my KX88 daily and I was thinking maybe to just get a Livid Base 2 since is well integrated with both Live and Reason and keep the dinosaurs 88 going.

^^^Great controllers.......automap is dicey. There is a blurb somewhere from novation admitting they need to fix it from like a year ago for reason. Not encouraging. Then again, all this stuff is a crap shoot (an expensive one too! )

The Nektar is pretty good. So far what I like is that there is a "mixer" and "instrument" and the instrument stuff is mapped reasonably well. I also like that you can shift through presets (though not as slick as the launchkey......that I will miss) and the faders/rotaries are good (if you don't need anything too fancy. But the rotaries are not endless like the impulse, which was good.

Build quality seems good, though the keys do move back and fourth more than I'd like (seems like 99% of controllers suffer from this though)

I've got the whole weekend to play and get used to it. I'll have a better idea of exactly what it's capable of by then.

I'll have to go to a Guitar Center and check it out (Nektar).
I'm not into many knobs workflow but I like the endless knobs and the Mouse Pointer "on the fly" knob as in the 25SL.
I was not aware of the Novation issue. Good to know!
I still have a M-Audio Axiom 49 first generation and I got screwed with W8 for my new laptop. :x
I recently found out that, at least, FastTrackPro got the drivers updated by Avid.
M-Audio :smack:

Enjoy Reason!

I use the Nektar with Reason and studio one and so far its got the smoothest integration out of anything ive used. For Reason especially once you get the basic commands down the quickness in workflow is pretty hard to top. I liked it so much in fact and went ahead and sprung for the Nektar lx25 so i could also have a more portable solution on the go and just like the big guy its integration is really well implemented.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

I forgot about this! Thanks for all the help. Yeah, it's a terrific combo, highly recommended.

Lemme lock this before the troll-brigade finds yet another reason thread to bump and spam ;)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”